Mojave May 3-5 2019

• Administrators

It's on!  I just booked the same site for May 3-5 and will have all new tracks.  Will post a registration link soon but expect the same $150 range with professional photography, two dinners and two breakfasts, firewood, beer, water

Registration link

Sponsors

Attendees

Pat Bianchi

Nicholas Blewitt

David Baccus

Wayne Thompson

Brad Clere

Ken Reed

Daniel Bartolucci

Walker Arant

Delf Hedde

Denise Thienes

Michael Knight

Cosmin Ghioc

@piambro

Alexandru Casian

Alexandru Guest 1

Alexandru Guest 2

Ken Weaver

@Chris Owens

Trissa Ayala

Trissa Ayala Guest

Anthony Villarreal

Loren McGrew

Loren Guest

Stan Iordanov

Wilhelmus Michaels

@Rogers

@motochefarwi

Drew Smith

Wendi Chatwood

Tyler Godwin

Lu Rosa

Rick Giroux

Devin McCaffrey

Rafe Hardy

David Haydock

Eleyotte Coyes

Matthew Boyd

Yuval Caspi

@Harsimran Baweja

Donald Chapman

John Howard

David Barel

Al Limon

Peter Wallace

Peter Wallace Guest

Emmanuel Beckius

@Jason R

@greedyg (finally)

George Kreider

Jeong Ko

Daniel Edwards

Steven Solis

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Fellas, any idea how many miles the tracks are for this year? I do plan on brining fuel cells for every ride, but just to get a snap shot would be great.  Anything over 100 miles? (which equals to 150 miles of gas usage in the desert:)?  

Anyone using the Rever app?  I'll be tracking with the app for every ride to log and share.  Anyone have some "must to" visit landmarks in the area?  I have ridding to DV, Husky monument and through Joshua tree when I lived in SoCal, so I expect similar terrain.  Can't wait to get down there and see some old friends and new ones!  

Anyone else heading down from the Bay area?

• Like 1

• Administrators

Tracks time!  I think you will like this years tracks.  A few new ones and better coded by letter (A, B, C) and color (Red, Blue, Green).

If you're intermediate or better consider taking that Powerline track in from Ludlow.  It's about 54 miles.  Very nice!

Easy AM is a slightly different way to Pioneer Saloon that might be slightly more challenging.

If you do want to hit Pioneer Saloon and you want an intermediate way back, check out either Primm to Goffs for a nice tour including the Ivanpah solar plant or I did part of that Advanced 1 route back.

Check out Shoot Las Vegas on the back side of Goodsprings to shoot a .50 cal or machine gun!

Mohave National Preserve 2019.GPX

• Like 2

• Administrators

Couple more items for the Mojave Rally...

To enhance your safety please come with your bike in good working order with real knobby tires and tools/tubes/pump, etc.. for basic trail maintenance. If you have a SPOT or InReach link, feel free to paste it in below in the comments. There's no way to sweep every rider but if we notice you're not back at camp we'll do our best to try and locate you. I have found the site whereamIriding(.com) to be the best tracker-sharing site because it gives you an easy to remember url.

Please have at least 3l/100oz of water before you leave camp and try and finish that and replenish at lunch. Our cook will have water and there's water at the Visitor Center across the road.

Bring a gas can if you can as gas isn't really close. I'm sure you can sell a gallon or two to a buddy. Gas stations are in the gps tracks.

Friday night late arrivals will still have dinner available so don't sweat it or stop for dinner before you get to camp.

Please post your photos to our forum (link below) as well as Instagram, Facebook, etc.. and use #xladvmojave2019. I will award a prize to the rider with the most photos posted! The reason for this is it helps us get more swag next year when I show potential sponsors the tag count from the year before and makes it easier to find photos from others who were there!

Take it easy and enjoy the ride. Camp is at 4300' and I think the highest is 5700'. It will be warm and dry so just be chill. It's not a race. Please watch out for tortoises and snakes in the trail. If you see a tortoise, stop to block riders behind you from hitting it and give it time to walk off the trail before you continue. Do not pick them up (a crime and will stress the tortoise). I saw one tortoise last weekend outside the preserve and two snakes.

This event is a chance for us to gather and enjoy the preserve responsibly and at our own leisure. There are no guided tours. You are all free to form your own groups if you like. Choose a leader with GPS and preferably a satellite tracker. When you come to a turn stop and wait until the rider behind you gets there so they know which way you went. All bikes must be street legal.

There are lots of cool mines, caves, structures, attractions, etc... to see! Frog shrine, Mitchel Caverns, Volcanic hole, Aiken mine, Shoot Las Vegas (shoot a machine gun), Pioneer Saloon, etc...

• Like 2

Well, I'm out.  I found at least two bent shift forks while rebuilding my gear box last night.  I so wanted to try some Mojave riding with my new set-up.  And I can't believe I'm baling on another ride with @greedyg too (I wonder why).

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 1:31 PM, greedyg said:

I guess we see who wears the pants in that family...

@Eric Hall Would it be possible for any late comers to buy me out of my admission, say half price?  They could message me for my (wife's) paypal info and I'll let you know that they've paid up.  Maybe a fence straddler could enjoy some Mojave for me.  If not, that's fine.  I don't want to cause any confusion and I know it's going to a good cause.

• Sad 2

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Chris Owens said:

Well, I'm out.  I found at least two bent shift forks while rebuilding my gear box last night.  I so wanted to try some Mojave riding with my new set-up.  And I can't believe I'm baling on another ride with @greedyg too (I wonder why).

@Eric Hall Would it be possible for any late comers to buy me out of my admission, say half price?  They could message me for my (wife's) paypal info and I'll let you know that they've paid up.  Maybe a fence straddler could enjoy some Mojave for me.  If not, that's fine.  I don't want to cause any confusion and I know it's going to a good cause.

Sorry to hear that!  Give it a shot!  Try the FB event page too

• Like 1