8th Annual High Sierra Rally

5 hours ago, Eric Hall said:

@Lukeymckenzie are you sure it's the gpx file and not the pdf file?

Yep. It was the gpx. I finally got it to upload into my Rever, but it looks like a pile of spaghetti. I'm assuming it's just my uselessness with nav systems, so I'll see if there's someone on thursday who can have a look over a beer! 

I downloaded that pdf map also -- looks fantastic! Can't wait!

IMG_2273.jpeg

1 hour ago, Lukeymckenzie said:

Yep. It was the gpx. I finally got it to upload into my Rever, but it looks like a pile of spaghetti. I'm assuming it's just my uselessness with nav systems, so I'll see if there's someone on thursday who can have a look over a beer! 

I downloaded that pdf map also -- looks fantastic! Can't wait!

Look me up on Rever. Westen Rogers. I've put all the Intermediate and Advanced routes in my Planned Tab. I've even put pictures of the route start points.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Look me up on Rever. Westen Rogers. I've put all the Intermediate and Advanced routes in my Planned Tab. I've even put pictures of the route start points.

Just added you and scrolled your planned rides! Great stuff! Though I couldn’t download them into my planned rides. Maybe I can “buy” you a beer and see if I can get them texted or air dropped across at the campsite?

and sorry to clog the thread with this!

Edited by Lukeymckenzie

Just now, Lukeymckenzie said:

Just added you and scrolled your planned rides! Great stuff! Though I couldn’t download them into my planned rides. Maybe I can “buy” you a beer and see if I can get them texted or air dropped across at the campsite?

I'll bring my laptop. Have you purchased the Rever subscription? That maybe why you can't download the routes

I rode the backway into Bodie on Cottonwood Cyn Rd 3 weeks ago and its an easy graded dirt road, even passed a Toyota Corrolla on it.

Depending on the time when we get to Bodie on Friday will determine if we do the 2-3 hours of Bodie Masonic Rd into Bridgeport or not as I haven't pre-run that yet. If it's too late we'll skip Bodie Masonic and head out the main rd (270) to 395 and pick up green creek rd., you won't want to miss the route into Virginia Lakes.

My group will stop at 395 & 120 at the Mobil Station/Whoa Nellie Deli for those that may need breakfast and we can grab a sandwich for the trailside lunch, we will leave the Whoa Nellie Deli in Lee Vining between 9 & 9:30am. Remember, Lee Vining is 45 minutes from camp so plan your morning accordingly top get Gas/Breakfast/Sandwich and be ready to go no later than 9:30am.

BTW, The Whoa Nellie Deli is reputed to be THE BEST place in town for food!  

Virginia Lakes Dunderberg Meadow Rd 2.jpg

Virginia Lakes Dunderberg Meadow Rd.jpg

Virginia Lakes.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/31/2019 at 7:43 PM, greedyg said:

Yes, Gary Graham is my Dad.  I'll have to be on my best behavior...  and no "hike-a-bike" rides for Dad, he's in for the views and the beer.

Your dad is coming?  I may just have to make an appearance... 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, greedyg said:

Good stuff @David Diaz but Cottonwood cyn wasn't the "back way" into Bodie I was referring to.  There is a route even further east than Cottonwood, but I thinks Westen got that plotted out for us.   See you all in a few dayz

Greg, is this the route that ends up in Nevada?  Check out the screenshot.  I've also attached a gpx of the track.

Backside Bodie Loop.GPX

Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 4.19.20 PM.png

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, David Diaz said:

I rode the backway into Bodie on Cottonwood Cyn Rd 3 weeks ago and its an easy graded dirt road, even passed a Toyota Corrolla on it.

Depending on the time when we get to Bodie on Friday will determine if we do the 2-3 hours of Bodie Masonic Rd into Bridgeport or not as I haven't pre-run that yet. If it's too late we'll skip Bodie Masonic and head out the main rd (270) to 395 and pick up green creek rd., you won't want to miss the route into Virginia Lakes.

My group will stop at 395 & 120 at the Mobil Station/Whoa Nellie Deli for those that may need breakfast and we can grab a sandwich for the trailside lunch, we will leave the Whoa Nellie Deli in Lee Vining between 9 & 9:30am. Remember, Lee Vining is 45 minutes from camp so plan your morning accordingly top get Gas/Breakfast/Sandwich and be ready to go no later than 9:30am.

BTW, The Whoa Nellie Deli is reputed to be THE BEST place in town for food!  

Virginia Lakes Dunderberg Meadow Rd 2.jpg

Virginia Lakes Dunderberg Meadow Rd.jpg

Virginia Lakes.jpg

Sounds awesome! Is this Friday or Saturday you'll be on this?