8th Annual High Sierra Rally

15 hours ago, Lukeymckenzie said:

Sounds awesome! Is this Friday or Saturday you'll be on this?

3 hours ago, Eric Hall said:

He's doing it Friday but may repeat on Saturday.  Not sure yet.

Either way it works out, one of those days I'd be happy to lead an EASY/SCENIC loop;   Cottonwood Cyn - Bodie - Aurora Cyn - Bridgeport - Dunderberg - Virginia Lakes 

The scenery on this loop is incredible. 

It just depends on which day I end up on the @Rogers  death march ride...

@Lukeymckenzie  I'll be leading the Mono Lake/Bodie/Virginia Lakes ride Friday morning, join us if you'd like.

On Saturday I will lead anyone that wants to go up White Mountain to the Bristlecone Forest and a couple miles beyond we'll add a sidetrack short hike to the top of Sheep Mountain that is just west off of White Mountain Rd. The reason to see the top of Sheep Mountain is my father rode his Matchless 500 up Silver Cyn Rd to White Mountain road to the top of Sheep Mtn in 1960. At that op of Sheep Mtn was a Cairn that contained a Prince Albert can and a note pad with all of the visitors that hiked up there. He remembers that many logs were people saying how many days it took them to hike up from Bishop or Big Pine, my dad wrote " I rode my motorcycle up from Bishop in two hours, I'll be home for dinner".  I hope to find that notebook.....is it likely ?... no but certainly possible.

So that's my plans, Scenic Loop Friday and White Mountain Saturday.

• Like 2

• Administrators

Couple last minute things and some rules...

Bring a bit of wood if you can. There are a few fire pits throughout the site and it’s nice to have a bit of your own if you can fit any.

At camp please keep speed to 5mph. No slides or burnouts. Stay off the nearby hill.

Quiet time is 10-7 so no generators, music, loud talking or motorcycles started during that time. Fart and snore all you want.

Throw away your trash and try not to let plates and napkins blow away.

Don’t ride in dust. Post up at turns so the rider behind you sees which way to go.

Post your Spot/inReach link if you want us to track you.

Hydrate! I have a 3l pack and try to drink that before lunch and refill and drink before I get back to camp.

June Lake Brewing is donating their fine liquid gold so consider stopping there for lunch each day. I do.

Use an insulated sleeping pad and a bag rated 15-20 degrees. Wear a knit cap to keep the heat in. Coldest right before dawn.

Make sure your bike is tuned and ready. Have fresh nobby tires. Bring the tools and tubes you will need for standard roadside repairs.

Be back at camp by 5 for time to shower and have a great dinner.

Bring cash for raffle tickets!

Have fun. Make new friends. Take lots of photos. Use #xladvhighsierra2019 if you don’t mind as it helps with potential sponsors next year to see a good count.

• Like 2

I'm gonna head up the 15 fwy from inland Empire, early like 5am tomorrow. There are some guys posting on fbook about riding up from san Diego, maybe we'll end up riding together. I'm going to to try and ride an easy route with David on Fri. 

I'm probably going to stop in lone pine for breakfast and that brewery for lunch

Edited by Lord_Morgan
  • Like 2

On 8/29/2019 at 7:14 AM, Lord_Morgan said:

My GS took me to a Starbucks in Hesperia, I'm on my way!

0829190712_HDR.jpg

On 8/28/2019 at 4:29 PM, Eric Hall said:

Bring a bit of wood if you can. There are a few fire pits throughout the site and it’s nice to have a bit of your own if you can fit any.

At camp please keep speed to 5mph. No slides or burnouts. Stay off the nearby hill.

Quiet time is 10-7 so no generators, music, loud talking or motorcycles started during that time. Fart and snore all you want.

Don’t ride in dust. Post up at turns so the rider behind you sees which way to go.

Hydrate! I have a 3l pack and try to drink that before lunch and refill and drink before I get back to camp.

June Lake Brewing is donating their fine liquid gold so consider stopping there for lunch each day. I do.

Use an insulated sleeping pad and a bag rated 15-20 degrees. Wear a knit cap to keep the heat in. Coldest right before dawn.

Make sure your bike is tuned and ready. Have fresh nobby tires. Bring the tools and tubes you will need for standard roadside repairs.

Have fun. Make new friends. Take lots of photos. Use #xladvhighsierra2019 if you don’t mind as it helps with potential sponsors next year to see a good count.

Just an fyi, got a flat, holes up in line pine won't be able to fix until morning. See you manana

Kevin J 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2019 at 4:29 PM, Eric Hall said:

Maria returned the Keg from June Lake no problems!  The girl working their remembered her from last year when she dropped it off :) delicious Brew!!! thanks!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 9/4/2019 at 7:47 PM, Lord_Morgan said:

It was an amazing event, I'm glad I got to meet so many people and make new friends. Special thanks to Dave Diaz for leading the ride on Friday, thank you so much for the tour(s) and helping keep my faceshield clean ? hopefully I'll see some of you guys on the LAB2V! 

0829190936g.jpg

0829191157.jpg

0829191158.jpg

0829191213a.jpg

0829191624_HDR.jpg

0829191708_HDR.jpg

0829191730.jpg

0830191012.jpg

0830191051.jpg

0830191053.jpg

0830191052b.jpg

0830191310.jpg