KTM 1190 Frames Cracking

16 hours ago, Yellow Pig said:

How did you word it to the insurance to file the claim?

I've been told it has to be an accident/impact event, not a manufacturing failure or they will not cover it.

Thx, Dan

Clicked the box that said "Pot Hole".  It was the truth.  I hit that damn giant pot hole at the Mohave ride that was right next to the cattle guard.  Probably doing 50mph.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, greedyg said:

I “accidentally” launched over this cattle guard and “impacted” into a giant pothole on the other side

Whats neat about Gieco online claim is there is no essay question.  Just a select box on what happened.  If its not listed there, then I guess you need to call them and talk to someone.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NavyNuke said:

Glad it's being resolved, too bad it's a total loss, but sometimes it's better to move forward.

Now the important question of what's next??? 790R, Tenere 700, another big KTM or???

Im going to explore the 690, 701 and 790.  Who knows when I will see a Tenere 700 so its not on my list.  

Funny thing, I found a 2016 KTM 1190 Adv R new at a dealer in El Cajon.  Least its on their website.  

• Like 1

Im going to explore the 690, 701 and 790.  Who knows when I will see a Tenere 700 so its not on my list.  

Funny thing, I found a 2016 KTM 1190 Adv R new at a dealer in El Cajon.  Least its on their website.  
I enjoy my 701, but it's not the greatest highway bike. Done a few 200 mile days on it with no mechanical issues, but kinda hard on the bum 20190119_090818.jpg
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, NavyNuke said:

I enjoy my 701, but it's not the greatest highway bike. Done a few 200 mile days on it with no mechanical issues, but kinda hard on the bum 20190119_090818.jpg

Im not much of a highway  long distance rider.   Is it light enough to be on a hitch mount behind my FJCruiser?

• Like 1

The Touratech Shock is a rebranded Tractive shock. There are some well known issues with it. In fact Konflict no longer carries the line and does not recommend using it anymore.

I had the Tractive/Touratech shock too and while super plush in the first 3/4 of the stroke I felt it let go in the last inch of travel and bottomed out hard instead of getting stiffer as a true PDS shock should.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...