Baja Rally 2019

• Administrators

This is my fourth Baja Rally. I covered it twice as media, raced it in 2017 and back now covering it.

I will follow the racers along four days of stages that will take us from here in Ensenada east to San Felipe, south to Cataviña and then north to San Vicente then back to Ensenada Saturday.

It’s scrutineering today with an early start in the morning.

Rough work!

IMG_2844.JPG

0fda204f-e3b7-48a8-b817-06f7bc957634.jpg

• Like 2

• Administrators

Another really great day of Racing out there! The course was kind of a loop up north on the beach, west, south, east then north back to San Felipe. The course was super sandy so I didn’t attempt but did get some great riding in our on the beach in the morning and then out to a sand wash southwest of here.

Winners today were Trent Burgiss and Colton Udall. My buddy David Pearson got sixth.

Got done early and got to enjoy some nice shrimp tacos on the Malecón and then got involved in retrieving a rider.

Might have even enjoyed myself a fruity beverage!
IMG_0667.JPG

• Administrators

Had to come back early but I see Trent Burgiss ended up pulling off the win despite a blown rear mousse and destroyed wheel day 4.  He had something like a 20 min lead on Colton Udall and ended up being about 3 min behind at the start of day 5.  He won that back and finished first.

Class.