Bike Mod naming

etropic

Question

I added Hepco Becker crash bars to the mods DB. On the add forum, I created Hepco Becker, but when I put in the product name, I did not duplicate the manufacturer there. That seemed correct since it was already filled in.

Browsing through the mods though, it looks like everyone has included the manf. as part of the product name, so now there is just an entry for Crash Bars for an f800 but no reference to from where.

Should we add the product name like that?

Or should the browse box work like the bike box does where you select each property separately ?

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

• Administrators

Sorry for the late reply!

If the brand is already in our system, you'll select it from the drop down box. When you click it, the system will automatically add the brand name to the product name box. Then you just add the rest of product name.

If the brand is not already in our system, there is a spot to add the brand. Once you do this, again, it will automatically appear in the product name box, where you then add the product name.

Since the box is open, it's possible to delete the brand name that is automatically added and we see that from time to time. This is something we'll likely update in the future.

I'll have a look see at the product in question and fix it up as necessary. Thanks for your message and welcome!