Short Stuff in SLO, CA

Okay, so I'm not new, but it feels like it! I'm Emily, and I was riding a Triumph Tiger 800 XCA. That chapter has come to an end and I've moved on. See, I rented a 1250 GS from RawHyde for a few days and fell in love. Unfortunately Sea Biscuit (yeah, I named the damn rental bike) was booked and out of reach. Thankfully Owen @ RawHyde found ANOTHER 1250 low. The bike is pretty naked for now, but hey, Christmas is right around the corner. 😏Motofam, meet Sea Biscuit II!

SBII.jpg.e2d769fe43c409c66c07a231f78e8f40.jpg

And Sea Biscuit the first, my RawHyde bike and muse:

SB.jpg.cc8c7d6588bcce162c878c25e3929086.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/9/2019 at 6:24 PM, DirtyPixel said:

Okay, so I'm not new, but it feels like it! I'm Emily, and I was riding a Triumph Tiger 800 XCA. That chapter has come to an end and I've moved on. See, I rented a 1250 GS from RawHyde for a few days and fell in love. Unfortunately Sea Biscuit (yeah, I named the damn rental bike) was booked and out of reach. Thankfully Owen @ RawHyde found ANOTHER 1250 low. The bike is pretty naked for now, but hey, Christmas is right around the corner. 😏Motofam, meet Sea Biscuit II!

SBII.jpg.e2d769fe43c409c66c07a231f78e8f40.jpg

And Sea Biscuit the first, my RawHyde bike and muse:

SB.jpg.cc8c7d6588bcce162c878c25e3929086.jpg

Way to go!

Couldn't help but notice all the riders down behind you.  I assume you kept the revs up and the front end light and made it through that silt????  Just this one image demonstrates that you have better off road skills than 90% of the ADV riders out there.

NC

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Numbercruncher said:

Way to go! Couldn't help but notice all the riders down behind you.  I assume you kept the revs up and the front end light and made it through that silt????  Just this one image demonstrates that you have better off road skills than 90% of the ADV riders out there.

Thanks! I did. I learned quickly that I could "float" on sand if I maintain speed and keep my weight back. I'm still very new to sand, but I managed to make it through that wash with 3 others on our first try. The other 8 eventually made it out of there too. It was fun in a masochistic sort of way. I still pucker when I see sand. 😄

• Like 1