Mojave 2020

• Administrators

XLADV_Flyer_ Vert_Flat_2020 IG STORY SIZE 2.jpg

What is this now?  3rd annual?  Sounds good to me!!!

May 29-31 which is a bit later this year.  Someone snaked the campground back in November and we were unlikely to get a permit anyways because the nature lady (Danette) said that that first week in May was a bit early for the tortoise hatchlings.  So it will be a bit warmer but we'll manage.  It's at a higher elevation (4300') so that will help.

Great news is we have Stephen Gregory back on photography and Tracy King back on kitchen duty!

Tickets here

Sponsors:

(TBD; more of the same and a few new ones)

Attendees:

Eric Hall

• Like 4

Being a near-dead of questionable ability, I was wondering if this event would be open to folks who would rather ride a dual sport over an adventure bike.  Though I have a Yamaha S10, I am more comfortable on my KLR or my KLX 400.  This applies even more so when encountering sandy stretches as the Mojave so graciously provides.

Mikey

• Like 1

• Administrators
23 hours ago, Michael Kitchen said:

Being a near-dead of questionable ability, I was wondering if this event would be open to folks who would rather ride a dual sport over an adventure bike.  Though I have a Yamaha S10, I am more comfortable on my KLR or my KLX 400.  This applies even more so when encountering sandy stretches as the Mojave so graciously provides.

Mikey

Mojave is SO much more fun on a small bike.  You're free to ride whatever you like as long as it is street legal.

• Like 1

• Administrators

So if this event were scheduled for this weekend I'd be cancelling it due to concerns of covid19.  I'm seeing a bunch of other events being cancelled.  Not a bad idea at this early stage as social distancing can mitigate the spread very well.  I read about the Spanish flu of 1918 and how Milwaukee fared so much better because they closed schools and churches.  But we are 11 weeks out now so I'm guessing we will know a whole lot more about the spread then.  For now we are still ON!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2020 at 9:48 AM, Michael Kitchen said:

Mikey

Mikey, there will be several other riders that would also qualify as "near-dead of questionable ability" so please do join us.  Calling @Garys990R  !!!  :D:P

Edited by greedyg
  • Like 1