New Zümo XT GPS from Garmin

• Administrators

This looks cool!

1.jpg

To me this looks like a much needed upgrade in visibility and function that you'd expect from Garmin.  The display looks bigger and brighter and more interactive.  It seems easier now to share tracks either wirelessly between devices like before but also with an app on your phone.  Lots of cool new features too like satellite imagery, 4x4 trails, public lands boundaries, real time gas prices and traffic updates.  $499.99.

Who wants to test one?

OLATHE, Kan./March4, 2020/Business Wire –Garmin International, Inc.,a unit of Garmin Ltd. (NASDAQ: GRMN), today announcedthezūmo XTall-terrain GPSmotorcyclenavigator,designed to helpriders venture on and off the beaten path. The glove-friendlyzūmo XTtouchscreen introduces a newultra-bright 5.5-inch displaywithcrispHDresolution.Designed to withstand the most rigorous weather androughterrain, theruggedzūmo XT is rain-resistant1and forgedto military grade 810G drop test standards. Riders will also appreciatethe zūmo XT’sversatility,with a quick push of a button they caneasily toggle through street map views, topographic maps, or BirdsEye Satellite Imagery for the best possible view of their route.“Thezūmo XT is able to take on any type of adventure, regardless of the weather or rugged terrain, it’s ready to venture wherever the rider chooses,” said Dan Bartel, Garminvice president ofglobalconsumer sales.“With itsnew, larger display offeringanimpressive ultra-bright touchscreen, riders willhave the advantage of easily seeing their screeneven onbright sunny days.Visibility of the route ahead is further enhanced with a choice to mount zūmo XT in traditional landscape or portrait mode.”The zūmo XTboasts an impressive feature set, starting with new Garmin Adventurous Routingoptions that find the most thrilling and scenic routes.Adventure riders–seeking more thanspokenturn-by-turn street directions from their zūmo navigators–can explore new placesthanks to preloadedtopographic maps that show public land boundaries, 4x4 roads,and much more.Garmin Explore2helps adventure seekers easily plan trips and lateraccess routes, tracks, and waypoints across their electronic devices including the zūmo XT, a smartphone3or a computer. In addition, riders canaccessstunningBirdseye Satellite Imagery with direct-to-device downloads that do not require asubscription.Sight-seeing has never been simpler with the zūmo XT’s lineup of options that include the HISTORYdatabase of notable sites, iOverlanderpoints of interest, Ultimate Public Campgrounds, a U.S. National Parks directory, TripAdvisortraveler ratings and Foursquarecontent –offering millions of popular places to explore.Storing orsharingadventuresis a snapwiththe new track recorderoption built into the navigator. Userscanwirelesslyimport3their favorite tried-and-true GPX files after pairing their phones to the zūmo XT using the free Garmin Driveapp.Additionally, theconvenientGarmin Drive app will allow riders access to smartnotifications,real-time fuel prices, andlive4traffic and weather.Designed with built-in convenience, the zūmo XT offers a number of safety features, including Bluetoothhands-free calling5, rider alerts for potential hazards6, automatic incident notifications for family or loved ones in case an incident occurs, and the option to pair the zūmo XT with a compatible7Garmin inReach Satellite Communicator for two-way texting, critical location sharing, and interactive SOS. Motorcyclists canstream their favorite music tracks on their smartphones 
through the zūmo XT or by utilizing theMP3 music files stored on the navigator.Built-in Wi-Fi®allows riders to easily updatethe maps and software on the zūmo XT without the hassle of using a computer. Riders canhardwirethe deviceto constant power or rely on the zūmo XT’sextendedbattery life that can last up to 6hours(3.5 hourswith backlightsettingsat 100percentbrightness).The zūmo XTis expected to be available in March withasuggested retail priceof $499.99.To learn more, visit garmin.com/zūmo. The zūmo XTis the latest from theconsumer automotive segmentof Garmin, the leading worldwideprovider of portable navigation devices for automobiles,motorcycles and trucks. The company’suser-friendly navigationsolutions have innovative features that provide time-and fuel-saving benefits to meet the demands of everyday driving.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Eric Hall said:

This looks cool!

1.jpg

To me this looks like a much needed upgrade in visibility and function that you'd expect from Garmin.  The display looks bigger and brighter and more interactive.  It seems easier now to share tracks either wirelessly between devices like before but also with an app on your phone.  Lots of cool new features too like satellite imagery, 4x4 trails, public lands boundaries, real time gas prices and traffic updates.  $499.99.

Who wants to test one?

OLATHE, Kan./March4, 2020/Business Wire –Garmin International, Inc.,a unit of Garmin Ltd. (NASDAQ: GRMN), today announcedthezūmo XTall-terrain GPSmotorcyclenavigator,designed to helpriders venture on and off the beaten path. The glove-friendlyzūmo XTtouchscreen introduces a newultra-bright 5.5-inch displaywithcrispHDresolution.Designed to withstand the most rigorous weather androughterrain, theruggedzūmo XT is rain-resistant1and forgedto military grade 810G drop test standards. Riders will also appreciatethe zūmo XT’sversatility,with a quick push of a button they caneasily toggle through street map views, topographic maps, or BirdsEye Satellite Imagery for the best possible view of their route.“Thezūmo XT is able to take on any type of adventure, regardless of the weather or rugged terrain, it’s ready to venture wherever the rider chooses,” said Dan Bartel, Garminvice president ofglobalconsumer sales.“With itsnew, larger display offeringanimpressive ultra-bright touchscreen, riders willhave the advantage of easily seeing their screeneven onbright sunny days.Visibility of the route ahead is further enhanced with a choice to mount zūmo XT in traditional landscape or portrait mode.”The zūmo XTboasts an impressive feature set, starting with new Garmin Adventurous Routingoptions that find the most thrilling and scenic routes.Adventure riders–seeking more thanspokenturn-by-turn street directions from their zūmo navigators–can explore new placesthanks to preloadedtopographic maps that show public land boundaries, 4x4 roads,and much more.Garmin Explore2helps adventure seekers easily plan trips and lateraccess routes, tracks, and waypoints across their electronic devices including the zūmo XT, a smartphone3or a computer. In addition, riders canaccessstunningBirdseye Satellite Imagery with direct-to-device downloads that do not require asubscription.Sight-seeing has never been simpler with the zūmo XT’s lineup of options that include the HISTORYdatabase of notable sites, iOverlanderpoints of interest, Ultimate Public Campgrounds, a U.S. National Parks directory, TripAdvisortraveler ratings and Foursquarecontent –offering millions of popular places to explore.Storing orsharingadventuresis a snapwiththe new track recorderoption built into the navigator. Userscanwirelesslyimport3their favorite tried-and-true GPX files after pairing their phones to the zūmo XT using the free Garmin Driveapp.Additionally, theconvenientGarmin Drive app will allow riders access to smartnotifications,real-time fuel prices, andlive4traffic and weather.Designed with built-in convenience, the zūmo XT offers a number of safety features, including Bluetoothhands-free calling5, rider alerts for potential hazards6, automatic incident notifications for family or loved ones in case an incident occurs, and the option to pair the zūmo XT with a compatible7Garmin inReach Satellite Communicator for two-way texting, critical location sharing, and interactive SOS. Motorcyclists canstream their favorite music tracks on their smartphones 
through the zūmo XT or by utilizing theMP3 music files stored on the navigator.Built-in Wi-Fi®allows riders to easily updatethe maps and software on the zūmo XT without the hassle of using a computer. Riders canhardwirethe deviceto constant power or rely on the zūmo XT’sextendedbattery life that can last up to 6hours(3.5 hourswith backlightsettingsat 100percentbrightness).The zūmo XTis expected to be available in March withasuggested retail priceof $499.99.To learn more, visit garmin.com/zūmo. The zūmo XTis the latest from theconsumer automotive segmentof Garmin, the leading worldwideprovider of portable navigation devices for automobiles,motorcycles and trucks. The company’suser-friendly navigationsolutions have innovative features that provide time-and fuel-saving benefits to meet the demands of everyday driving.

I saw this announcement the other day and it looks like a really solid GPS. I have the BMW Nav VI on my bike and have had the ghost touching issue that Garmin can't seem to figure out how to fix. I'm hoping the XT is a sign of what a possible replacement could be. As much as I enjoy having the wonder wheel on my bike to control GPS if the XT is better all around I'd consider ditching the BMW branded Garmin in favor of this one. 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2020 at 6:31 PM, WADE-O Potato said:

I saw this announcement the other day and it looks like a really solid GPS. I have the BMW Nav VI on my bike and have had the ghost touching issue that Garmin can't seem to figure out how to fix. I'm hoping the XT is a sign of what a possible replacement could be. As much as I enjoy having the wonder wheel on my bike to control GPS if the XT is better all around I'd consider ditching the BMW branded Garmin in favor of this one. 

"ghost touching issue" what's that?

Just now, piambro said:

"ghost touching issue" what's that?

Basically the screen thinks it's being touched so it acts all erratic and is rendered useless. It seems it's isolated to the BMW branded Garmin Navigator VI. Fortunately Garmin is aware of the issue and will replace it. It just stinks because I've heard of a few guys that have had 3 or 4 of them replaced. 

• Confused 1

• 7 months later...