Tiger 900 Rally Pro

• Administrators
Hey Eric,
Did you get your kickstand foot enlarger installed from H&B? I received a different brand that stated it worked on the Rally Pro, but it didn't fit. It seems like all the Tiger 900 models have different foot sizes? Just wondering if you had success so I could order that one. Thanks. Lots of nice gear upgrades on yours.

Yes and yes. Got one from H&B via MotoMachines and it didn’t fit. Touratech and others made the same mistake not realizing there are two different side stand footprints across the Tiger 900 model line up.

I’m without one now but luckily not an issue yet for me on this trip.

Did you find one that fits?

2 hours ago, Eric Hall said:

Yes and yes. Got one from H&B via MotoMachines and it didn’t fit. Touratech and others made the same mistake not realizing there are two different side stand footprints across the Tiger 900 model line up.

I’m without one now but luckily not an issue yet for me on this trip.

Did you find one that fits?

Thanks for the answers.

So far no dice for me either. There's a GIVI one that Revzilla thinks would fit the Rally Pro, but my guess is the same issue. All the dif Tiger 900's have dif feet. I think I will ask my triumph dealer what their thoughts are.

What happened with your fork?

• Like 1

• Administrators

My fork simply had some dirt lodged under the seal and leaked a bit. Dealer basically just removed, cleaned and reinstalled since he didn’t have a new seal available. That seemed to do the trick. Had the same issue twice in my 990. I should probably put some seal savers on it soon.

On 6/25/2021 at 5:11 PM, Eric Hall said:

My fork simply had some dirt lodged under the seal and leaked a bit. Dealer basically just removed, cleaned and reinstalled since he didn’t have a new seal available. That seemed to do the trick. Had the same issue twice in my 990. I should probably put some seal savers on it soon.

I won't say I "liked" this comment, but thanks for the info. And glad to know your dealer took care of you.

How do you like your Sergeant seat? Is it heated like the OEM (I live in New England so a heated seat is a great thing for me and my passenger). 

• Like 1

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Andy Lomerson said:

I won't say I "liked" this comment, but thanks for the info. And glad to know your dealer took care of you.

How do you like your Sergeant seat? Is it heated like the OEM (I live in New England so a heated seat is a great thing for me and my passenger). 

The Sargent seat is great.  I got a prototype last September and it does include their own heating element and they measured the heat to be a third warmer than stock.  Long days on the bike make a custom seat a must.  I didn't think a heated seat would do that much but have found it really helps keep you from getting too cold.  It's like your body's bucket of heat has a hole in it but with the heated grips and seat filling that bucket back up, the bucket never gets empty or at least takes much longer until you start feeling really cold.  I have been in some cold passes in Montana and Idaho with it as well as in Mexico, Guatemala (Huehuetenango), Costa Rica.  I've also done those 3 hour rides between about 50-60 where the cumulative effect can make you cold but the seat and grips really make a difference.  I think it will be put to the test when I do more of the Cordillera Blanca and Andes.  I'm sure I'll need a down vest under my jacket then.  I have a heated jacket back home but it takes up more space so I left it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

AltRider (finally) has a nice looking rear rack for the Tiger 900 series.  I think covid set them back and they were spending most their time on parts for the T700.  A skid plate is coming too.

I'd like to get one because it's Roto-Pax friendly (got my Roto-Pax from AltRider too) and RAM-friendly.  I was waiting on one from Hepco and Becker but I had to leave Sep 28 last year and it wasn't in the US yet.  The dealer down here in Colombia said he doesn't carry it and can't (or won't) order one.

I had an AltRider rear rack on my GSA that I liked a lot so I trust it's going to work well for me.  I saw some reviews that said be careful when installing not to cross-thread the bolts and that made immediate sense because I recall the bolts being at a slight angle when I loosened them last year to get at some internals.

I've been making due with a homemade rack that @Dennis Godwin made for me.  It's surprisingly well made and still working great.  It's wood and the rain has delaminated it a bit but it's still fine.

feature-altrider-rear-luggage-rack-for-the-triumph-tiger-900.jpeg

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators

Had an issue the other day when I lost the ability to change gears! I was stuck in 4th and it was as if the gear shifter came loose from its point of attachment.

What happened was the strut that attaches to the gear change lever above came out. It’s a threaded bolt and is received by a threaded hole. Did it work itself loose or was it forced out?

I checked the parts fiche and it doesn’t appear there is a nut on the other side to lock it in place.

My theory is that when I got stuck in that ditch a few weeks ago, I noticed the shifter and left peg were digging into the mud. I suspect this may have forced the bolt above to rip itself out. If the gear shifter was forced in then that bolt would have been pulled out. It just took a few more weeks to finally work itself out.

I managed to screw it back in and get on the road but I think I’ll need to replace the bolt and the lever it gets screwed into or it may happen again.

I also have a leaky fork seal on the right side this time so need to get that cleaned out and or replaced as well. Same thing happened on the left side in Costa Rica.

IMG_5883.jpgIMG_5765.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

3 month review here from Bret Tkacs on what he likes/doesn't like.

I agree on the oem upper bars for not being the best.  Will say the Off Road mode (not Off Road Pro) does absolute magic in uphill slippery mud and saved my ass a few times in remote places.  I'm not thrilled with the suspension but for my size, that's a common issue for all oem suspension.  Hoping to upgrade soon to Tractive from the BeemerShop.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...