Eric Hall

Tiger 900 Rally Pro

Learning more about the bike and two things stand out that I’d prefer differently...

One is the rear wheel is 17” and not 18.” 18" rear means better off road performance.

The other is the rake angle of 24 degrees. ADV bikes typically range from 26-28 degrees. 24 makes it just a bit more of a handful in deep sand.

I checked the Hepco and Becker site and they’ve got a few accessories right now with more on the way. The pannier racks look available now and then others in the works I’d like to get are: rear top rack (for my RotoPax, soft bag), upper crash bars, skid plate, side stand footprint enlarger, hand guard protection (or something like BarkBusters).

MotoMachines is the US distributor for H&B and they helped with the 990 and said they can help with this one too so very happy about that.

Went for another ride today in this week 3 of my broken rib recovery.  Let's just say I'll need a few more weeks before I can ride comfortably.  lol.

Noticed today the clutch is actually cable actuated!  It's smooth as butter though so not sure that's an issue for me.  I guess if it becomes one I can always pop for the Magura aftermarket hydraulic clutch kit.  But it also has a shift assist function where you just kick up or down a gear without needing to clutch.

I also got the bluetooth functionality paired with my phone.  I initially just tried using the phone alone and that ideally should have worked but didn't.  I later found there's a MyTriump app you need to download so I registered for that, downloaded it and then tried connecting via the app.  The instructions appeared exactly like what I'd done before but for whatever reason it worked fine this time!  What that means is I can now pair my phone and see if I have a call or text, control my music playlist, control a GoPro (and see what the battery life is) and then utilize turn by turn directions via Google maps from the MyTriumph app.  It can also display a summary of your trip if you wanted to share that somewhere like a ride report and/or social media post!