Tiger 900 Rally Pro

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Learning more about the bike and two things stand out that I’d prefer differently...

One is the rear wheel is 17” and not 18.” 18" rear means better off road performance.

The other is the rake angle of 24 degrees. ADV bikes typically range from 26-28 degrees. 24 makes it just a bit more of a handful in deep sand.

I checked the Hepco and Becker site and they’ve got a few accessories right now with more on the way. The pannier racks look available now and then others in the works I’d like to get are: rear top rack (for my RotoPax, soft bag), upper crash bars, skid plate, side stand footprint enlarger, hand guard protection (or something like BarkBusters).

MotoMachines is the US distributor for H&B and they helped with the 990 and said they can help with this one too so very happy about that.

• Administrators

Went for another ride today in this week 3 of my broken rib recovery.  Let's just say I'll need a few more weeks before I can ride comfortably.  lol.

Noticed today the clutch is actually cable actuated!  It's smooth as butter though so not sure that's an issue for me.  I guess if it becomes one I can always pop for the Magura aftermarket hydraulic clutch kit.  But it also has a shift assist function where you just kick up or down a gear without needing to clutch.

I also got the bluetooth functionality paired with my phone.  I initially just tried using the phone alone and that ideally should have worked but didn't.  I later found there's a MyTriump app you need to download so I registered for that, downloaded it and then tried connecting via the app.  The instructions appeared exactly like what I'd done before but for whatever reason it worked fine this time!  What that means is I can now pair my phone and see if I have a call or text, control my music playlist, control a GoPro (and see what the battery life is) and then utilize turn by turn directions via Google maps from the MyTriumph app.  It can also display a summary of your trip if you wanted to share that somewhere like a ride report and/or social media post!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

My upper bars from Triumph arrived recently and got those on yesterday with no issues.  I noticed though the threaded clasps that receive the bolts that hold the beak on tend to move around after you slide the beak on and one of them refuses to line up for me so for now it's got 3/4 bolts holding it on.

I also got my Cyclops LED lights mounted on the upper bars.  I cut the wires on the oem aux lights and Cyclops is sending me just two male plugs with 3" of wire so I can plug right into the lights.

A few weeks ago I took off the mirrors to replace with my DoubleTake mirrors and the left mount was stripped!  I ordered a new part ($23) but the one that came wasn't reverse threaded!  I thought maybe they sent the right side but it was def the left side one as they are different.  So the parts mfg in Thailand threaded it wrong and Triumph's qc didn't catch the error.  The dealer ordered another one but no telling when that will arrive nor whether it will be threaded properly.  Fingers crossed.  BTW, it's reverse threaded because when mounted, the wind pushes the mirror in a way that would tend to loosen it if it were threaded regularly.

Parts I'm still waiting on:  New custom seat you'll hear more about soon from Sargent Cycle, skid plate and side stand foot print enlarger (on its way) from Motomachines/Hepco & Becker, hand guards from Barkbusters USA.

Evotech-Triumph-Tiger-900-Garmin-Sat-Nav

EvoTech Performance makes a cool gps mount for the Garmin and I'm told it will fit my TrailTech Voyager Pro but the thing is they're out of stock.  Motomachines carries EvoTech here in the US but they don't have that mount.  I guess I could mount on my bars via a RAM ball but....  I need to order a new wiring harness so I can leave all that on the 990 for when I get back.

Covid has really messed up logistics for everyone.  Everything is out of stock.  I know a few mfg's are busy still making 790R and T700 parts and will get to the 900 later in the year.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Bike's in the shop now for some warranty and recall work.  Rear tpms warning kept going off even though it reads the pressure just fine and the pressure is normal.  Also had a wrench icon which means "service overdue" and not necessarily a fault light (as far as I know).  It went off the day I added two leads to the battery so I think it has something to do with the battery being disconnected temporarily?  Also have the TFT display sometimes have an off-color band across it upon start up.  I can turn it off and turn it back on again and it goes away but just wanted that checked out.  Could be a firmware upgrade will correct that.  Two recalls are for some type of dialectic grease they want to put on the fuse box lead and add a missing reflector just below the license plate.

• Like 1

• Administrators

That was easy!  All they did was do a firmware upgrade to the bike's computer and everything was sorted out.

My skid plate and rear rack are taking too long so I may punt on those two items.  GPS mount coming Monday so I can get that wired up and mounted.  Hand guards also arriving next week.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Eric,

Did you get your kickstand foot enlarger installed from H&B? I received a different brand that stated it worked on the Rally Pro, but it didn't fit. It seems like all the Tiger 900 models have different foot sizes? Just wondering if you had success so I could order that one. Thanks. Lots of nice gear upgrades on yours.

• Like 1