9th Annual High Sierra Rally Sep 3-6 2020

• Administrators

DSC03719.jpg

We're on!  The campground had been closed due to Mono county orders but are opening most likely June 1 and will definitely be open for us!

Register Here

Sponsors:

GIVI USA

Motoz

Sena Bluetooth

Klim

Marlondo Leather

Rigg Gear

DoubleTake Mirror

LoneRider Luggage

Sargent Cycle

BMW MOA

MotoJugs

Index Fasteners

Ted Porter's Beemershop

Attendees:

@renaissancerider

Olivier Cornet

@Dennis Hagerty

Barry Wehrli

Justin Mackie

Jeremy Reagan

Stuart Hamilton

Alexander Frith

Brian Kott

Alex Schmauss

Richard Thomas

Jeremy Reagan

Todd O'Berg

Todd O'Berg guest

Bret O'Berg

Ben Wang

John McDonald

Shane Bearly

Eric O'Berg

Vicki Chang

Ben Wang

Westen Rogers

@Jason R

Mrs. Raster

@Pat Thaiwongse

@Sandro Andre Marino

Ed Luke

Mr. GreedyG

@greedyg

Mark Qiao

Mark Q Guest

Scott Morgan

Gregory Frates

George Gerrard

Joshua Jones

Emily Phelan

Robert Smith

Trissa Ayala

Renee Perez

Donald Funesblanco

Mathis Riiber

Matthew Carman

Brian Noel

Gareth Evans

Daren Goldfarb

Rich Lee

Kelly Ehret

Alexandru Casian

Christian Sorescu

Roland Chocarro

Chris Hauser

Sara Marquet

David Klasing

Jay Jang

Michells Suh

John Fritz

Moshe Yosef

Roman Krajewski

Vuthy Lat

Bruce Kristy

@motochefarwi

Tony Shipp

Nick Skovold

Kyle Saville

Stan Iordonov

Lucian Popescu

Kevin Carpenter

Rob Macomber

Mark DeGuzman

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 6/12/2020 at 9:01 AM, Bill B said:

Hi Eric. Hey is the day the observatory opens up the gate Sunday or Monday? Just trying work out some details.. thx

Their site says the gate opening this summer is cancelled due to covid19 but you can still ride about 90% of the way up there to the gate. The rest of it is maybe a mile or so up to a plain old parking lot so you're not missing that much.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
1 hour ago, Dirty_t said:

Is there a separate meal-only fee for pillions?

unfortunately no.  The riding is not the part that costs us money, it's the camping and food mostly.  You're essentially paying for the camping experience and getting the riding for free.  Food and beverage are the biggest drivers of cost.

• Administrators
Got some good news! I've just slashed the price $50 to $178.

I had someone complain that it was nearly $500 for a couple to attend and while I don't really care that much given the relative price of other similar events and the history of this one, I did start to contemplate how crazy this year has been and how sweet and delicious a Utah ride I did in May was; mostly because we'd all been cooped up so long and were jonesing for some riding and social interaction.

Therefore XLADV does thus decree that tickets will be $178 ($208 last year) because it's more important we share this experience together because it's something we love so much and this year has been so damn difficult.

I do have two years of food price increases I didn't include last year but if it's revenue neutral this year is not important to me. Many more important things in life.

I will have $50 bills for each of your tickets for those who've already purchased tickets. I can send you that via PayPal too prior if you like (just let me know).
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

So feel free to practice whatever type of hygiene you’re comfortable with such as masks, hand washing, etc...

Rest assured that you’ll be riding, camping and eating more than 6’ apart and the entire event is outdoors. You’re safer at High Sierra than shopping at Walmart.

If you’re not sure if you have symptoms or are self quarantining by the day of the event then I’m happy to refund your money.

• Like 2

I’m planning to head down on Tuesday Sept 1st.from the Bay Area and stay thru to Friday. Gotta work Saturday.

Probably do a walk in (tenting) at Brown Owens campground on the Tuesday. @jasonraster hook up with him on Wednesday. I called and they did say on the VM that they are not accepting any more reservations, for early arrivals that is, nothing to do with this event. If anyone is down there early like I am, happy to hook up.
Probably warm up my bones on some dirt. It’s been a while lol!

• Like 2

On 8/18/2020 at 12:22 PM, Lord_Morgan said:

I'll probably just be sticking to road riding, I tore my rotator cuff a couple of months ago and it's still sore, but camping and having a beer sounds like just what I need so I'm looking forward to it! Anyone want to ride up with me from socal?

Check your forum messages. I left you my cell # to ride up together from the IE on Thursday.

I was going to suggest we meet up at Chaparral Motorsports in the morning. I'm flexible.

• Like 1