9th Annual High Sierra Rally Sep 3-6 2020

1 hour ago, Richard Thomas said:

Check your forum messages. I left you my cell # to ride up together from the IE on Thursday.

I was going to suggest we meet up at Chaparral Motorsports in the morning. I'm flexible.

Hi Richard! I'm sorry about that, I'll send you a text tomorrow. My GS is out of commission, I had ordered parts from germany but the shipping got delayed so I'm renting a bike from eaglerider in LA (I have a ton of credits with them), so I'll be picking up the bike Thursday at like 10-11am and heading straight up from there, which is later than I wanted to start... I'll probably take the 14 to the 395, maybe we can meet up where the freeways meet?

• Like 2

• Administrators

Any thoughts on this year's rally?  I have a few.

Glad to see so many people got to come after all.  I know some were afraid of covid and others just didn't have the money (because of covid).  I made 37% less this year but that's not important.  We did get 30% more for Motorrad Angels though with 10 less people than last year.

So next year no dogs.  They were an issue this year with being off leash, chasing cows, chasing riders, barking and leaving steaming piles of crap everywhere.  I don't recall but one or two dogs coming before and it wasn't an issue.  Sandro got stuck with a busted leaf suspension and had to stay 2 extra days because the stores were closed and the camp manager wasn't going to have any of it and told him to GTFO; even called the police on him.  I don't think that was cool but I think he squandered any goodwill with his dog having been off the leash earlier.  I don't want any issues with Brown's Owens River campground.  We've been there 9 years with no issues.

Next year will be our 10th annual and I want to make it special.  More people are arriving Thur afternoon/evening so I want to add both appetizers Thur night and a breakfast Fri morning.  The food is always good but I'm upping the budget so we don't do burgers/hot dogs again.  I didn't hear complaints but I want the food to be really top notch next year.  Thinking also of a big tent with tables/chairs for dining and raffle purposes.  I don't need a bigger rally but am considering upping the limit to 100 riders.

I will work the vendor network hard too for more prizes.  I only heard one comment about wanting more prizes but that will be a priority next year.  I also want to do an orientation talk Thu night and will offer a prize giveaway for that.

I will do a poster sized printout of the tracks so people can have a look and see where to go without having to look online via their phones or their gps devices first.  I'll fix it to the side of a trailer somewhere central so it doesn't blow away.