Central and South American Adventure

Eric Hall

• Administrators

Seals fixed and we took a ride up north to the coast at San Bernardo del Viento. Nice hotel but beach not so much

Next day we went to Isla Fuerte and it was much better

We stopped at a town on the way back to avoid riding after dark and had a great encounter with the Colombian Army. Such great people.

IMG_6217.jpgIMG_6252.jpgIMG_2292.jpg6F3DF0C5-ADF1-428E-8769-009CC5E31581.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg1BEC99B9-5A7D-4B85-ACFE-D52C37FE02B3.jpgIMG_6385.jpg
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Back in SoCal for five weeks and preparing for Baja next week.

Got my rear rack back on and going light this time. Also getting my suspension serviced by Suspension 101 down in Alpine near San Diego.

I’m going to rant here a moment, if you’ll indulge me .

This is #advlite okay? A 9 liter tank is going to get you about two hours of “adventuring,” aka dual sport trail riding.

Which BDR do you think you’ll do next with 125 mile range? Go ride up and over a few ridges, camp and come back in the morning. Nothing wrong with that but it’s not adventure riding.

A rear subframe that will buckle under the weight of your gear isn’t an adventure motorcycle. You going to pack tools, tubes, camping gear, etc… on a 250 lb bike? Good luck with that.

You going to ride 300+ mile days on pavement with a bike you need to change oil/filter every 15 hours? Okay, Skippy.

The only “#advlite” guys I know truck their bikes out on Friday afternoon, do some dual sporting then truck them back home Sunday.

This is #advlite
http://cdn.xladv.com/uploads/monthly_2021_12/IMG_6702.thumb.jpg.47a99bd10ab294424fd000c610e8535a.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

Back in Colombia and pondering continuing my trip south next month. Was thinking Ecuador, Peru then maybe Brazil. I was told I can get a boat on the Amazon from Iquitos, Peru to Manaus, Brazil. Not sure how many days on the boat that is but it could be a long time, like a week. Sleeping in a hammock with lots of mosquitos.

I have a yellow fever shot but I’m told the newer one is much better so I might get a booster for that.

When I was back in CA Dec-Jan I had some epic riding in Baja and Death Valley but I think I posted that elsewhere already

740492b11fc8c1e31f03f164129677c1.jpg
38b9ed985df655d9e3c0f3cf25e7b010.jpg

I met this guy here in Medellin who wanted to do a story on people being drugged/robbed down here so we sat down and did an interview which I thought turned out well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Got a bit of good news with regards to my case with Bank of America.  After these videos were released, a guy on FB suggested I report BofA's rejection of my claim to the US Comptroller of the Currency.  I did that about 2 weeks ago and this morning I'm looking at my bank account $6800 bigger!!!

• Like 1