Sena 10C Evo

• Administrators

The Sena 10C Evo ($369.99) is the next generation of the 10C, or the "comm with a camera" feature.  This latest edition is basically a bit sleeker (helps with wind noise) and records in 4k 30 fps.  It has a longer range, up to 4 way Bluetooth intercom.  I just got one of these and am going to use it on my Central and South America trip!

I've taken this for granted for so long but keep in mind that Sena is basically the only solution out there for video that integrates your audio in the recording.  GoPro isn't that easy to set up an external mic and Cardo is still voice-only (no video).  It's great to be able to talk about what it is you're seeing or to capture a conversation or just talk about whatever you want.  Their Prism Tube camera does the same although it lacks the rider to rider connectivity and the Prism camera is basically like GoPro but sync's with your helmet com so you'll get your helmet audio onto the video of whatever the Prism is recording.  

61rT1+xxHyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like 1

I tried one of these and liked it, but there is a big weakness compared to a standalone camera. You can't swap the batteries out and that becomes frustrating on long days.

I'm running a Drift Ghost X, mostly in "dash cam" mode but with the optional mic plumbed into my helmet. The setup works pretty well.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...