Heated Gear... What do you use/like?

I have frozen for the last time and need to get some good heated gear.  I rode with a heated vest once and it was heaven.  I've heard of Gerbings but don't know much about them or other brands.

Zach uses Tour Master Synergy 2.0 vest and likes it.  Any other recommendations?

I ride in SoCal where it's only cold in the winter and by cold I mean between about freezing and 50.

• Like 1

I too am familiar with the morning chills in the deserts of SoCal. Can be very cold. I used to ride a lot around down there and meet friends in Riverside in the early mornings from Costa Mesa.
I bought a Gerbings heated vest some 10 years ago and still have it. I chose a vest because it packs fairly small. A vest will heat up your chest and heart. There for vital organs remain warm and keeping your blood circulation good. ( I do not have heated grips, but that would be even better) I chose the vest over the jacket because of pack ability. Warm wind proof gloves (I changed into off road gloves later in the day when the sun came out) and long sleeve windbreaker under my protective gear or jacket. (Yes under my jacket) to help trap the warmth. Your not sweating so you won’t get clammy. (Just street riding or commuting. It will be too warm for off roaring) Nothing worst than freezing at the start of your trail and feeling numb. The only problem I have had with the vest was it did not turn on one time. I thought it was the wiring. I sent it into Gerbings. They trouble shot it for me and stated the jacket wiring was fine. Turned out to be the controller. No charges for the diagnosis just shipping. I bought a new controller and all is fine to this day. It has saved me from freezing countless times. As for other brands, I’m sure they all work well. They seem pricey but well worth it. I’ll probably splurge on a full sleeve jacket next time.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I cannot believe how long I went without getting a heated jacket!  Finally got a Gerbings.  It thought the sleeves were short but I think they're supposed to be that way since it rests inside your jacket.  Feels like riding inside a jacuzzi!  I love the feeling on the arms as well as the neck.

Even 55 degrees can feel really cold after 90 minutes.  Glad I finally purchased.  I connect it to an SAE dongle with the controller in my pocket.  Allows for additional accessories like gloves, pants, etc...

• Like 2