Custom Seats from Sargent Cycle

• Administrators

Sargent was working on a prototype Tiger 900 Rally Pro seat and wanted to know if I'd help them out.  Naturally I said "heck yes!" and this is what happened...

IMG_8499.JPG

So obviously the upper photo is the new seat with the lower one being stock.  The stock seat "seemed" fine but then two hours on the highway on my way to Vegas for this Tour of Montana trip two weeks ago and my bum was not too happy. Reminds me of the stock BMW seat I had on my 2011 GSA.  I have an aftermarket seat on the 990 from Seat Concepts and that has been awesome.

This particular seat is unique in a few ways...

• The biggest advantage is simply long range comfort.  The seat is made better, better ergonomic fit, not made to a dollar spec to keep costs down.
  • Materials are better from the UV-resistant materials to the grippy sides to the foam inside.  No gel here!  Gel weighs more and is thermo-retentive.
  • I dialed in a taller seat height (you can get whatever height you like) because I'm a tall guy and the Tiger 900 I can flat foot way easier than the 990R.
  • Comes with a heating mechanism that delivers a top heat level 1/3rd higher than stock.  I finally tried this on Beartooth Pass in Montana and wow it was nice!

I got it after my Montana ride but before High Sierra and the best description I can give is it cradles your bum better and actually suspends it.  Stock seats you basically will sink past the 1" or so of padding and be pressed against the hard seat pan creating hot spots that give you discomfort on longer rides.  I'm going to be spending many long days in the saddle so I really was eager to get something like this.

• Like 1