Eric Hall

KTM 890 Adventure

Seen the news?  Seems to me like the new 790 but not sure yet.  The first 790 was made in Austria then the second year was supposed to be made in China but then they started ramping up the 890 to be made in India which made me think perhaps they're ditching China (like so many other companies) and want it made in India.  I have no issue with that but I'd just prefer an Indian price tag to an Austrian one, lol!

Apparently it's not just a larger displacement but they've reengineered the whole thing.  105 horsepower and a friend who has a deposit on one says the weight is 464 lbs with a 5.3 gallon tank.  13% more torque.  Lighter frame, aluminum rather than steel steering stem too. Nice!

The catch?  Only 700 will be made and chances are they're already sold out.  But you may not need to wait until next May... word is you may seem them in dealers this Nov!

• Like 1

On 12/26/2020 at 3:55 PM, Trailzrider said:

I picked up a 890 Adventure R Rally. I am impressed to say the least. I would have never traded my 1290SAR for a 790. If I could have only one bike the 890 would be it. 

Lets see it!!!

• Like 3

Here is a video of the 3rd day on dirt. I decided to let Kyle ride it on some trails I knew had carnage potential to help boost his channel. I rode my 1290 and the trails did not disappoint. The bike only got a few scratches that I would have put there anyways. I believe the main cause of the dirt naps was due to not understanding the traction control settings and they were too high.

• Like 3

@Eric Hall The comments were all over the place. Many of them boosted my self esteem about the guy on the 1290;) If my bike has knobbys, trail carnage is a given with me ;). 

When you get back from your amazing adventure we can hit a few trails so you can can give it go if you want. The bike is impressive. My only complaint is the wide tank down low. It kept from squeezing past a gate suggestion that the 1290 could get through. It looks like KTM is going to keep with that theme looking at the 2021 1290 photos. 

• Like 2

@trailblazer dude, that Rowley flats looks great! Looks like a local stopping ground? You smashed it on the 1290 yup.

I met Kyle in DV last November. His crew were settling in while we were packing out. Nice dude! He had his 990 se with him.

• Like 3

@Jason R Still in process. Just put a BDCW skid plate and a few other things yesterday. So far all the Rottweiler stuff except intake. I will do that next week. The power of this bike is pretty amazing. 

• Like 4