10th Annual High Sierra 2021

On 5/29/2021 at 7:57 AM, Eric Hall said:

High Sierra update...  so I'm delayed getting a registration link up because I still haven't gotten an estimate on food costs.  Doniece, our caterer, is 72 and says she's transitioning out of the catering business but her assistant, Chase, is going to continue with it.  I think estimates are not in his skill set yet but Doniece said she'll help get me one soon.

Hi Eric,

Just to confirm, is this the official registration link: https://www.tickettailor.com/events/xladv/518030#

Edited by Felipe Cardoso
  • Like 1

• Administrators
7 hours ago, StephanSF said:

Is there a link somewhere to what is included in the fee and or what happens at the rally? I live in Vegas and ride a super tenere and am thinking of attending

I get that question a lot from first-timers and I should probably include a better description but it's simply that we camp in one place and explore local trails during the day and gather for a meal (not catered this year) and socialize at night.  We typically have a riders meeting in the morning about 8:00 and we simply have a show of hands for who'd like to ride easy or moderate or hard trails and then people can self-organize with those wanting a similar type of ride.  GPS tracks are posted here the week of the event.  This year we will do one prize drawing on Thur and Fri nights and then we have the main raffle Saturday.  Tickets for that can be purchased at the event for $10 and all of those proceeds to go benefit Motorrad Angels, a 501.c.3 charity.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hello from Paso Robles. Just found out about this event and bought my ticket. Sounds great and I look forward to meeting and riding! I'll be on my 2007 KLR 650. Any other thumpers in the group?

Do most people trailer bikes in or ride in?

Edited by OnlyOneKenobi
Spelling
  • Like 2

• Administrators
10 hours ago, OnlyOneKenobi said:

Hello from Paso Robles. Just found out about this event and bought my ticket. Sounds great and I look forward to meeting and riding! I'll be on my 2007 KLR 650. Any other thumpers in the group?

Welcome!  Glad to have you and all bikes.  Not sure how many other thumpers will be there but I imagine a KLR or two, 690/701, and a handful of small bikes.

Just depends on how far you are and how comfortable your seat is and/or how how the ride might be.  For me it's about 6 hours or 339 miles.  I've ridden it a few times but prefer to trailer with a friend when I have the opportunity.  Paso Robles looks farther than that so my hat's off to you if you ride but feel free to do what you like.  No one's going to bust your balls for it.

16 hours ago, OnlyOneKenobi said:

Trailer for sure, but its 8 to 9 hours by car for me.