10th Annual High Sierra 2021

• Administrators

Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 8.55.55 AM.png

Registration is LIVE!  Click here to purchase tickets

Excited to be planning my tenth annual High Sierra! Sep 2-5, 2021 at Brown's Owens River Campground near Mammoth Lakes.

Good news/bad news....  Good news is tickets are an all time low of $128.  Bad news is no catered food this year.  Our famed caterer, Doniece, is retiring and we were led to believe her associate would take over catering this year but I never got confirmation and we were left in a position where it was too late to get anyone else to cater such a large event on such a major holiday weekend.  But we're all adventure motorcyclists and capable of feeding ourselves.  There are many restaurants within 10-15 minutes of camp and there are many of us who like to cook and I'm sure they'll be offering to cook for a few extra mouths if you can arrange that.

This year's sponsors so far:

Harley Davidson (Pan America): test rides and possible swag

Dunlop: stickers, shirts, coozies, tire gauges

DoubleTake Mirrors: adv mirrors

Marlondo Leather: 2 leather desk sets

Maxima Racing Oils USA

Rigg Gear: 20l Hurricane backpack/tail bag

Givi USA: $1200 in gear

Klim USA: $250 gift card

Sena: dual pak 50s

KTM North America: moto stand, tech pack upgrade for 790/.890, assorted swag

Attendees:

Robert Smith

@Jason R

Jerry Hong

Chris Rippy

Erin Darling

Perry Brown

Steven Dufloth

William Kennedy

Kelly Ehret

James Rena

@RogersW

@greedyg

Shane Bearly

Luke Williams

Stephan Dornberg

Pietro Ambrosino

David Diaz

Jamie Russette

Felipe Cardoso

Olivier Cornet

John Tallon

Rob Hull

Carl Sims

Tim McWhorter

Jean-Marc Plisson

Sergio Felix

George Gerrard

Thomas White

David Klasing

@Donald Funesblanco

Sarah Marquet

Sarah Marquet Guest

Fernanda Toledo

Doug Schramm

@motochefarwi

Mrs. Motochefarwi

Roland Chocarro

John Howard

Cristian Sorescu

Cristian Sorescu guest

Valeriu Mihai

Michelle Acitelli

Hugh Dunklee

Richard Thomas

Jake Morton

Jake Morton Guest 1

Jake Morton Guest 2

Jake Morton Guest 3

Chris Ramey

Eric Hall

Paul Costello

Tom Palmer

Dennis Godwin

Jessica LaPage

Barry Wehrli

John Fritz

Evan Brown

Carlos Fernandez

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm in, looking forward to my first XLADV ride!

I’d like to add dinner Thursday and breakfast Friday as well as a prize drawing Thursday and Friday night.

Those are good ideas to draw interest, see if I can think of any others...

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Barry Michael Wehrli said:

I'm in, looking forward to my first XLADV ride!

FRESH MEAT!   First XLADV event?  Uh Oh!  We'll have to break him in easy guys... 🐔

I'm just jerkin' your chain.  This is the easiest bunch of folks to spend time with.  There's a plethora of trails to suit any type of riding from mild to wild.  You'll really enjoy yourself.  Just don't follow  @RogersW anywhere...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, greedyg said:

FRESH MEAT!   First XLADV event?  Uh Oh!  We'll have to break him in easy guys... 🐔

I'm just jerkin' your chain.  This is the easiest bunch of folks to spend time with.  There's a plethora of trails to suit any type of riding from mild to wild.  You'll really enjoy yourself.  Just don't follow  @RogersW anywhere...

Just don't follow  @RogersW anywhere...   

He is mostly lost half the time! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
Can you believe this will be our 10th annual High Sierra?! We have a pretty cool title sponsor this year too; Harley Davidson. They'll be in attendance and you'll get to see their new Pan America.

To make it extra special, we're adding a dinner Thursday and breakfast Friday as well as a single prize drawing both Thursday and Friday nights.

I'm still finalizing costs so don't have a price or ticket link up yet. Keep in mind last year's price ($178) was lowered due to covid and before I knew the food costs. So this year will back to "normal" but also reflect 2 additional meals and two years of their price increases. I do promise to offset that with what Harley Davidson is contributing though.
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

High Sierra update...  so I'm delayed getting a registration link up because I still haven't gotten an estimate on food costs.  Doniece, our caterer, is 72 and says she's transitioning out of the catering business but her assistant, Chase, is going to continue with it.  I think estimates are not in his skill set yet but Doniece said she'll help get me one soon.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!

Got an update with some good news and bad news.  Good news is registration will be a whole lot less expensive this year!  Bad news is we won't have catered food this time.  But we are adventure riders after all and I'm sure that preparing our own food is something we can handle.

Im sure it will be an opportunity as well for people who like to cook like Dave Diaz, Arwi, Pat, Jonathan, etc... to come up with their own menus and perhaps put a few bucks in their pockets.  There are quite a few places around camp you can grab breakfast too (Tom's Place) and dinner.  Mammoth Lakes is very close.

I just haven't had any response from either Doniece or Chase so I'm guessing it's something they're not up for doing again.  I did reach out to some other caterers but didn't get a response either.  I think that's because it's a big weekend and it's a bit late at this stage to get anyone to commit as they're probably already booked for that weekend.

I also asked our cook from Mojave, Tracy, if he could do it but he said they moved to Prescott, AZ and he's working full time as well as building a house and he's too busy.

I do promise to have drinks available though.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2021 at 6:03 AM, Eric Hall said:

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!

Got an update with some good news and bad news.  Good news is registration will be a whole lot less expensive this year!  Bad news is we won't have catered food this time.  But we are adventure riders after all and I'm sure that preparing our own food is something we can handle.

Im sure it will be an opportunity as well for people who like to cook like Dave Diaz, Arwi, Pat, Jonathan, etc... to come up with their own menus and perhaps put a few bucks in their pockets.  There are quite a few places around camp you can grab breakfast too (Tom's Place) and dinner.  Mammoth Lakes is very close.

I just haven't had any response from either Doniece or Chase so I'm guessing it's something they're not up for doing again.  I did reach out to some other caterers but didn't get a response either.  I think that's because it's a big weekend and it's a bit late at this stage to get anyone to commit as they're probably already booked for that weekend.

I also asked our cook from Mojave, Tracy, if he could do it but he said they moved to Prescott, AZ and he's working full time as well as building a house and he's too busy.

I do promise to have drinks available though.

We can survive.  @motochefarwi it will just be like our birthday ride in Death Valley. 

• Like 4