New Tiger 660 Sport from Triumph

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Okay so it's a day after the embargo on info was lifted so I can talk about it now.

And unfortunately the links they gave me to all the images and specs expired so I will try later.

My topline thoughts are this does in fact appear to be best in class; a class being a Vstrom and Versys.  I am pretty sure this class of motos is pretty large it's just that I tend not to see them very often in my corner of the world be it in SoCal or here in Colombia.

This is the Tiger 660 Sport whereas I might prefer a Tiger 660 Rally Pro!  Know what I mean?  Many people take motos on adventures all over the world that aren't normally considered adventure motos but I do think a true adventure bike tends to need more ground clearance, spoked wheels and larger wheels.

The adventure moniker I think is a bit of a stretch like when BMW intro'd their XR1000.

The positives I can recall are that I think it's their smallest ever triple and modeled after another street bike they have now.  It's at a very low price point and will be a great entry level moto for most.  The display looks good and it seems to be able to handle panniers well.

• Administrators

Got the info I was looking for!

Couple things stand out for me:

• The most powerful bike in its class with 81PS peak power at 10,250 rpm and
    64Nm peak torque at 6,250 rpm
    • This "PS" is new to me and stands for "PferdStarke" and is basically a metric unit for horsepower or bhp
  • Introducing the first triple engine in the category delivering the perfect combination of
    low-down torque with a strong mid-range and class-leading top-end power
    • I'll try to post the torque curve but it looks great down low (will be great for a Rally Pro version later)
  • Introducing the first triple engine in the category delivering the perfect combination of
    low-down torque with a strong mid-range and class-leading top-end power
    • Great for pavement but off road will be an issue
  • Sculpted 17 litre fuel tank for excellent range
    • That's very cool
  • Comes with Road and Rain modes
    • Great for an entry level moto
  • Premium standard specification with switchable traction control, ABS, ride-by-wire throttle, slip and assist clutch and an immobiliser
  • The lowest service workshop cost in the category
  • Class-leading 10,000 miles (16,000 km) or 12 months service interval
  • Two-year unlimited milage warranty, with the option to extend for one or two years

Screen Shot 2021-10-09 at 9.30.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-09 at 9.30.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-09 at 9.29.45 AM.png

Tiger_Sport_660__BA8I7122_PB.jpeg

Tiger-Sport_MY22_Graphite-Sapphire-Black_LHS.png

Tiger-Sport_MY22_Graphite-Sapphire-Black_FRONT.png

Tiger-Sport_MY22_Graphite-Sapphire-Black_BACK.png

Tiger-Sport_MY22_Graphite-Sapphire-Black_AngleRHS.png

Tiger-Sport_MY22_Graphite-Sapphire-Black_AngleLHS.png

Tiger_Sport_660__BA8I765_PB.jpeg

Tiger_Sport_660__BA8I7583_PB.jpeg

Tiger_Sport_660__BA17638_PB.jpeg