2021 Virginia City Grand Prix 50th Annual

I'm getting extremely excited for this years VCGP!  2019 I had a blast on my KTM SAR 1290 racing the Adventure class, and also making this the most challenging and physically exhausting riding event I've ever done. Picking that heavy bike up over and over at 6000ft elevation was rough.

Due to the Plannedemic 2020 was reluctantly cancelled by organizers, but fortunately 2021 it's back and I'm ready! Race starts Saturday for the A and B groups, but @motochefarwi and I will carpool up the hill from valley on Sunday. This year I'll be on my Husky 701 in the Enduro C group and Arwi on his 990 in the Adventure class! Weather is looking interesting with chance of snow and highs in the 40's!  I'll make sure to post more here!

VCGP.JPG.02b3952ed44e4fbc0b6113885e74f764.JPG

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Sunday was very muddy! Rained the entire day! In my class only 3 other bikes showed up, and I was the only bike to finish. Wasn't enough competition, and my 1st place finish didn't feel earned. Some hill climb sections had worthy challenges, but next year I'll move up a class and do the full 25 mile loop.

This is a combination of all red loops riders on Sunday. I did include the electric bikes but note they needed to only race a minimum of 3 laps to make a finish.

image.png.b39ca68085d69bb4aae926a2b4768be3.png

IMG_4004.JPG

IMG_4045.JPG

IMG_4856.JPG

IMG_5236.JPG

IMG_5240.JPG

• Like 3