Lovely solution to a commom problem: AGVisor

• Administrators

Not sure about you, but I live in a bright, sunny climate, so I prefer to sport a dark helmet face shield for daytime riding. However, in the summer, it's not all to common for me to start riding before sun up or just before dusk. The problem then becomes, which face shield should I install for the changing lighting conditions? I NEED both a clear and dark shield, but I typically pick the one that works for the majority of the lighting conditions that I'll be riding. Hardly ideal.

It appears that the folks at AGV are testing the use of a visor that utilizes an ultra thin LCD screen that can change from clear to tinted instantly with the push of a button. Here's a video of the unit in action. Skip to 1:20 if you just want to see the demo.

The visor can stay in the tint mode for up to 12 hours, run in stand-by mode for hundreds of hours, and is rechargeable.

The release of this product should be next month and pricing should be around $225.00 US. But, it's only going to be compatible for AGV Pista GP, Corsa and GT Veloce helmets.

Hopefully we'll see this tech become more widely available. I know that it would benefit me personally a lot. What do you think about this product?

agvisor.PNG

Photo By motorcyclenews.com

• Like 1

The tech and the idea is pretty cool, but I tend to like things that are simple and don't rely on yet another charging cable. For instance, if I'm on the road for a number of days that's another thing I have to figure out how to charge overnight etc. I prefer a helmet with a third eyelid such as a Shoei GT air, or other such helmet.

• Like 1

• Administrators

The tech and the idea is pretty cool, but I tend to like things that are simple and don't rely on yet another charging cable. For instance, if I'm on the road for a number of days that's another thing I have to figure out how to charge overnight etc. I prefer a helmet with a third eyelid such as a Shoei GT air, or other such helmet.

Yeah, I hear you... K.I.S.S. principle. ;) I'd wear the battery down clicking from clear to tint, over and over like a kid. :D

• Like 1