Hello from San Fernando Valley

Hi everyone - I’m Jeff from the Valley and new around here. I found this site while searching for LA based rides which led me to the Beyond Starbucks ride. 

I’ve been a long time sport bike and track day rider. I picked up an 890 Adventure R last summer. 

Right now I tend to hit up Rowher flats (it’s the closest off-road area to my house) but I’m really starting to think about more multi-day and overnight rides.

Looking forward to seeing what types of rides people are thinking about and how I can join in. 

703C3416-002E-4FC8-8822-82D27598A0E0.jpeg

• Like 1

• Administrators

Incredibile bike!  Rowher is great but us old guys like to call it Texas Canyon because that's what it used to be called.

I was in OC but rode my bike down to Colombia and I'm planning to see the rest of South America.  @greedyg may have some more info on rides but he's more in the foothills of the 909 I think than north LA.  

We used to do an early May ride in the Mojave Preserve and an early Nov ride in Death Valley but this time of year there's a lot of Saturday rides that assemble in the high desert on Saturday mornings at the Starbucks (where else?) in Adelanto on hwy 395.

Thanks Eric, I was looking at the route leaving out of Adelanto. That’s a good option. 

I have a friend who is a couple years older than I am and we’re constantly arguing about Texas Cyn vs Rowher. It’s become one of those dumb things between us now like, “huh? Where? Never heard of it.”

• Like 1

• Administrators

I met a guy at Death Valley recently who's a legend over at ADVRider who lives near there.  I think his name is DesertRacing there or something like that.  Rides a 950 Super Enduro and also a Beta small bike.  Super cool and will gladly hook you up with some local rides.  Also Joel Paez who is "NSFW"  I think there also has his own LA adventure rider thread and has probably introduced more people to adventure riding than anyone in the world.

Wish I was there or I'd like to ride sometime.  I was just there for a month and rode Baja for a week then Death Valley twice.

• Like 1