Washingtonian

Well I guess I should pry get around to this...

Started riding in May 2010 at 29 years old on this. 

RainierRide81311007.jpg

Rode it looking like this.

82011Ride-CapitolForest008.jpg

The Adventure bug bit. At the end of August 2010 I got this.

CaliTrip014.jpg

Loaded for my first adventure the Wednesday after I got it, waiting for a ferry. How the gear times have changed.

Built it into this.

2a2f3bc9bce900b7b558befcd0d6aa1b.jpg

Which looks like this in travel mode.

30d76e59685e6e2d07c90423d394148b.jpg

Got bored with that, although I'm still hanging onto it, and bought this.

b4ded4db72a1a4228c1e995ddf8e99dd.jpg

And turned it into this.

IMG_1185.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

3e4cea6b2c5c3391968fd47a086792a6.jpg

76e1fa0226c496f5d6c00a658676372b.jpg

While it's still a work in progress, that's primarily only because I can't leave anything alone. 

I'm 34 years old, a moderate rider, and live in Yelm, Washington. My name is Josh, and I have an XLADV bike problem...

Edited by Rainier_runner
  • Like 2

• Administrators

I'm 34 years old, a moderate rider, and live in Yelm, Washington. My name is Josh, and I have an XLADV bike problem...

Welcome Josh! But, I hope that you didn't come here for help with your problem. We'll be sure to help you step on the gas! :ride:

Yelm huh? Had to look it up. Nice and close to Mt. Rainier National Park. Saweeeeet! 👍 You could splor' that place for a while!

I grew up in the Pac NW so I know the terrain. A little soggy a decent chunk of year, but hey, that's why God gave us Gortex and heated grips, right? :)

Glad to have you and tell your buds!

• Like 1

Welcome Josh! But, I hope that you didn't come here for help with your problem. We'll be sure to help you step on the gas! :ride:

Yelm huh? Had to look it up. Nice and close to Mt. Rainier National Park. Saweeeeet! 👍 You could splor' that place for a while!

I grew up in the Pac NW so I know the terrain. A little soggy a decent chunk of year, but hey, that's why God gave us Gortex and heated grips, right? :)

Glad to have you and tell your buds!

Certainly not looking for help, more for encouragement and support from those like minded individuals embracing the XLADV struggle! 

A couple more pics because, well, I like pics...

IMG_1231.jpg

IMG_1221.jpg

IMG_1232.jpg

IMG_1233.jpg

IMG_0920.jpg

IMG_0915.jpg

• Like 2

Good call keeping the DRZ, will open up some more options for you over time, plus it's fun to hoon on.  Coming from another mid 30s guy with a big ADV bike.

I need to drag the wife up to the redwoods this summer, gotta talk her into a 4day minivacation.