Considering CA BDT in Plumas NF and Lassen NF this summer

Curious if anyone here has done these California backcountry discovery trails, and if so what were your thoughts?

The National Forest Service literature leads me to believe the vast majority of the trail segments are at worst rough graded gravel roads with the few "alternate" segments being for short wheel base 4x4 only two track.

Can anyone comment on the alternate segments and the trails overall? Plan is to primitive camp along the way.

• Like 2

This is the first I have heard of the CBDTs... would love to know where I can learn about all of them and get maps.  There supposedly is one that runs from Wrightwood to Gorman.

Here's some pic heavy info from 2006 on advrider  http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155246

Something tells me snow in the passes isn't going to be a problem this year ...

• Like 2

This is the first I have heard of the CBDTs... would love to know where I can learn about all of them and get maps.  There supposedly is one that runs from Wrightwood to Gorman.

DUXH8R,

Here are some links to the CBDT docs on the NF website:

• Like 2

DUXH8R,

Here are some links to the CBDT docs on the NF website:

Thanks TOStester... in the process of determining which maps to get form National Forest Map Store... they are very, very helpful.

Just got off the phone with Danna Scholz from the National Forest Map Store. She was able to confirm that the CBDT is shown on the following National Forest Maps: Modoc, Lassen, Plumas, Angeles, Six Rivers, Mendocino, & Tahoe. I ordered them and will review them and start creating GPX files for them... should be a fun little project to R&D, and by that I mean get out and ride the trails.

• Like 1