Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XLADV

Found a site bug? Tell us about the critter!

Question

If you find a bug browsing the new site, we'd sure appreciate it if you'd let us know! We didn't want to wait for perfection to go live (no such thing!), so there may be a few bugs that we didn't encounter or notice. And, some we are likely aware of and are on the list of fixes. None the less, with your help, the site will improve. :)

Things we love having in bug reports:

1. Where did the bug occur on the site? A link would be great!

2. What device are you browser the site with? (E.g. PC, Mac, Android, iPhone, etc...)

3. What browser/version were you using?

4. A clear/concise description of the problem. Checkout this free tool from TechSmith that allows you to share your screen with us and add voice over or to take a screen shot that you can annotate:
http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html

We can't promise that we'll get to and fix all bugs within a certain time frame, but we ARE reading this topic and prioritizing the list. Thanks again for helping to make XLADV the best that it can be!

13 answers to this question

"Buy from" tab in reviews has legacy TT language:  "Click on your favorite store below and when you buy, you'll be supporting the ThumperTalk community!"

Also, that particular product is only available at one of those five vendors listed (RevZilla)

The language string is fixed.

The store's list has no way of knowing which stores carry which product at this time. All it does it link to the search results for the most popular major online stores. 

That may change in the future, to allow live results from stores to display. 

1 person likes this

"Buy from" tab in reviews has legacy TT language:  "Click on your favorite store below and when you buy, you'll be supporting the ThumperTalk community!"

Also, that particular product is only available at one of those five vendors listed (RevZilla)

Forum posts seem to show two YouTube links fine, but then only the link and not the player window for any more than the first two.

like this:

http://xladv.com/topic/7-cobdr-with-gs-riders-of-goaz-bmw/?p=249

That's not a bug. It's a setting. We'll talk about it. It's necessary on a big site, but XL is not that just yet. ;)

That's not a bug. It's a setting. We'll talk about it. It's necessary on a big site, but XL is not that just yet. ;)

It's actually not about the size of the site. It's because too many videos on a single web page can cause the users computer/web browser to crash. Takes up too much ram. 

So it's limited to 2 per post that will automatically display to keep it from overloading the user's computer

Post edits eventually time out. The rationale is that you don't want someone starting a topic, a bunch of people reply in a certain context and then at a later date, the topic starter edits the opening posts and changes something material. Should that happen, it can neuter a topic.

This is a setting and honestly, I don't recall what it is. But, if you would, give me a good us case, so we understand how having a longer edit time frame would better suit things like ride reports. For example, in this case, would just replying to the topic work just as well? Your insight would be most appreciated. :)

Bryan

Here's an interesting one that started a few days ago. When logged in the body of an article is completely missing. When I log out the body of the article magically reappears. See Screen shots.

article body logged in.png

article body logged out.png

OK, that's a weird one. I figured it was just a permission setting. But looks like I'm not that lucky.   I'll dig into it tomorrow and find out what is going on.