IDBDR July/Aug 2015

That little bugger (Kingston Mobilite G2) works like a champ. Copied from SD to external hard drive independent of anything but a smartphone. Powers the drive independently as well.

Question on your Prism Eric - Used mine for the first time yesterday and have two issues. Wondering what you've found or come up with. 1st, the mount is wobbly and the camera shakes quite a bit - especially off-road. Second - Battery life! I got about 15 minutes of video on a fully charged battery, and my battery is down to one dot left. WOW! That's all we get on a battery? What have you found with battery life? My GoPro can pull off 2 hours of video on a charge!

• Administrators

That surprises me to hear that!  I have a GoPro Hero 3 Black and am lucky to get about 45 minutes out of it.  I'm not sure about my Prism but it's probably an hour or slightly more.  I am pretty judicious with it and turn it off to preserve battery life.  I also charge it on the go and find even like a 20 minute charge will restore quite a bit of life to it.

Check the settings.  I think you can do things to extend the life like turn the led off.   I notice the thing gets quite warm when it's on and that has to draw a lot of current.  I figure it announces to me over the headset when it's on, off, recording, etc.. so why would I need the led on?