Big Bike Desert Ride - May 9 2015

• Administrators

Alan and I took a ride today out in the high desert.  It started out leaving my place at 7:30 and we were up in the Adelanto area topping off on gas around an hour later.  We hit a familiar trail but then started to explore new trails kind of making a counter clockwise movement.

Unfortunately, the rain did NOT even touch this area  :( It was very dry and loose, which made for some interesting handling but we did fine.

Once we crossed 395 we started to head south along the perimeter fence for Edwards Air Force Base.  That was REALLY soft but fun.  We found some cool two track too, as well as some kind of structure on a mountain but it looked like the road to it was on the other side of the fence.

Around lunch time we took an easy dirt road bail out back to Oak Hills to get a burger and a beverage at Oak Hills Brewing company.  REALLY good beer!

All in all a really great day.  250 miles maybe.  Back by around 3:00.

Want to see a video?

• Like 3

• Administrators

There was something really cool about the pace of yesterday's ride.  We did roughly 90 miles of dirt by noon, most of which was pretty technical with some deep soft sand, tricky hill climbs, single track exploring, etc...  Whatever the challenge was, we just seemed to keep moving right through it by simply taking it slow and not trying to bomb through it.  I think these big bikes are really good at this stuff with some patience and a slower pace.  That's when it gets really fun!