The Africa Twin is Back: CRF1000L Africa Twin Confirmed for 2015

• Administrators

I saw the specs and am a bit less excited.  At first I heard "400 lbs" then "420 lbs" then "about 440 lbs."  Wet it's 503 lbs!

Same with hp.  At first I hear 110 and now we're at 93.

It still sounds great but much more ordinary than I thought.

Geez, my midsized Tiger has 94hp and weighs 473lbs wet. I'd have expected a few more ponies out of a full liter bike.

• Like 1

Love the looks of the TriColor, and the DCT may be awesome for offroading,but time will tell on it's endurance and capability. I'm also not sure I'm ready to give up a clutch lever yet. Seems like they gave it the standard Honda treatment to the bike making it far less exciting and edgy than it could/should be

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Administrators

Press Release

Honda Demo Rides Planned for Americade

Additional demo opportunities scheduled for MotoAmerica’s Barber, Laguna Seca rounds

TORRANCE, CA – June 1, 2016 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – American Honda will be conducting demo rides for attendees of the Americade touring motorcycle rally, set to take place June 6-11 in Lake George, New York. The hugely popular annual event includes a convention, trade show, guided tours and more, with attendees getting the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful roads of Adirondack Park. Honda will be on hand offering demo rides on a long list of models, including the new VFR1200X and CRF1000L Africa Twin, as well as the Gold Wing, F6B, CB1100F, CBR1000RR, NC700X, CTX700, CB500X, CBR300R and more.

2016_crf1000l_africa_twin_dct_rb34.jpg

In addition, Honda will be offering street demo rides of the VFR1200X and Africa Twin at MotoAmerica's Barber Motorsports Park and Laguna Seca Raceway rounds, both of which are included in the three-race Honda Superbike Showdown. The Barber event takes place June 10-12 in Birmingham, Alabama, where Nicky Hayden will be American Honda's special guest during the weekend and will do demonstration laps on two very special vintage Honda race machines from the world famous Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum. The Laguna Seca stop, scheduled for July 8-10 in Monterey, California, also serves as the World Superbike series' American round, where U.S. fans will have their first chance to see Hayden compete aboard the 2016 CBR1000RR.

2016-honda-vfr1200x.jpg

"Honda has a long history of collaborating with Americade, and we're pleased to give customers the opportunity to try our models on some of the best motorcycling roads in the Northeast," said Mike Snyder, Senior Manager of Powersports Marketing at American Honda. "In addition, we're excited to increase our level of participation at Barber and Laguna Seca, arguably the two crown jewels in the MotoAmerica series."

About Honda Powersports

American Honda Motor Co., Inc. was established in 1959 and is the sole distributor of Honda motorcycles, scooters, ATVs and side-by-sides in the U.S. The American Honda Motorcycle Division is responsible for the sales, marketing, and operational activities for these products through authorized Honda dealers. For more information on Honda products, go to www.powersports.honda.com.

1new_honda_logo-e1395761204910.jpg

• Like 1