Baja Norte Dec 26-31 2014

• Administrators

20140524_132500_zpsf201c9ae.jpg

If you check the XLADV site calendar you'll see I have a trip scheduled for 12/26-31 to Baja Norte.  Intermediate and above only; prior Baja experience preferred.  $20 fee to me because I'm poor right now.  You can do a similar two day trip w/BMW of Escondido for around $400 :)  I budget around $70/day for food, gas, hotel and beer.  Must have Mexican insurance printed and with you prior to departure.  I use Bajabound.com.  Must have passport, bike in good working condition, fresh knobbies, tools, spares, patches, pumps, etc...  Because it's so cheap, we aren't camping so don't pack any of that unless you're camping on your own.  I bring a few pairs of socks, shirts, underwear, flip flops and shorts, toiletries and that's it.  NO hard panniers.

At this point we have:

Plan is:

• Day 1: San Felipe (Kiki's)
  • Day 2: Bahia de Los Angeles (Costa del Sol)
  • Day 3: Catavina (Hotel Mision)
  • Day 4: El Rosario (Hotel Baja Cactus)
  • Day 5: Erendira (Coyote Cal's)

Tracks attached (may change)

highres_367974532_zpse41ba54e.jpeg

• Like 3

• Administrators

Reservations in Baja are kind of a rare or gringo thing.  Just show up with us and you should be fine.

I spoke w/Mark the other day and we need to add a few tracks, at least to BDLA and San Borja.  I have it on paper and in my head and they're all main roads but I will get them on probably tomorrow and update the tracks.

Plenty of rooms available in most places.  I made a reservation in Cantavina and can share with someone if needed / wanted.  I didn't bother with reservations for anyplace else.

Mark

Edited by MJS
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Slight change:  Franco has kindly offered us breakfast!  So don't eat until you get there!  You don't want to disappoint an Italian who's expected you to eat his wonderful food!

Also, revised tracks attached here

Northern Baja Adventure Route-modified.gpx

• 2 weeks later...