• Administrators

20150604 103154

20150604 165444

I figured now we have a bike, I'd put this thread here.

What we have is a 2011 KTM 990 Adventure with just 3,000 miles!  It's very clean and has never even been off road before.  We hope to change that!

My objective is to have a bike we can bring to all our regional events that can showcase some of the best the after market vendor world has to offer.  It's purpose is to become a basis of discussion as to how these things make a difference in our riding.  One of the reasons I picked a 990 is primarily because we couldn't get a new bike donated!  It's also because there are a lot of people making stuff for the 990 and it has a lot of good real estate on which to put custom graphics wrap on.   Besides, the 990 also happens to be a great bike in the dirt.

It's also important to note here that none of this stuff is "free" that we're getting just because XLADV is so awesome.  This bike came out of my pocket and most of the aftermarket parts are being provided at simply a discount.  I'm happy to showcase these products and put sponsors' logos on the bike for their efforts.  That's one thing I wanted XLADV to stand out for and that's a solid partnership with the v

• Like 4

• Administrators

Yes, a seat would be awesome!  Seat Concepts?  Renazco?

Other good ideas today from FB and IG:

• Dual light fairing.  I saw what Alex Guth has done with those and it's awesome.  Two good led's in there and I don't need any aux lights.
  • Exhaust, intake and mirrors from Rottweiler Performance
  •  
  •  
  • Rekluse clutch and then rear brake lever where clutch was

I see you made the right choice. 

Just got my suspension done by Konflict, way to go with Alex, he's epic!!!

ADVAddicts is of course the one, I must own 75% of the collection. 

No experience with Woodies... 

Pretty sure MXBundy is the owner of Seat Concepts, Maybe by his suggestion you can get the seat dealt with much cheaper and without the wait of Renazco. While mine is descent, I'm not sure its that much better...

• Like 2

• Administrators

First thing that comes to mind is a seat!!  :D

Bundy

Forgive my ignorance.  I was not aware that Seat Concepts is yours :)  I think I called you a few months ago about a 990R Lior told me you were selling?  I think you said something about a guy from Australia who was going to buy it.  Can't recall exactly.  Welcome aboard!  If you'd like to help us out with a seat, I'd love to talk further.  Thanks very much.  E

• Like 1

• Administrators

I see you made the right choice. 

Just got my suspension done by Konflict, way to go with Alex, he's epic!!!

ADVAddicts is of course the one, I must own 75% of the collection. 

No experience with Woodies... 

Pretty sure MXBundy is the owner of Seat Concepts, Maybe by his suggestion you can get the seat dealt with much cheaper and without the wait of Renazco. While mine is descent, I'm not sure its that much better...

I'd trust Bundy there because my knowledge of seats is next to nill.  I've heard nothing but great things about their seats and they are tight with Dirthammers and ICON Raiden who are sort of industry friends already.

• Like 2

The 990ADV is a great bike, the most important mod is to fix the soft front suspension with a stiffer spring, and get the extra 50mm travel from the R version plungers, or something more custom. I also recommend putting a high mud guard from 690 R or SMC (it's only a matter of time before the OEM tire hugger gets ripped out in the mud), and it needs molded engine case covers (there is a well known brand that makes them). There are other mods I've done, and now the bike is truly capable off-road for long weekend trips.

• Like 3

• Administrators

The 990ADV is a great bike, the most important mod is to fix the soft front suspension with a stiffer spring, and get the extra 50mm travel from the R version plungers, or something more custom. I also recommend putting a high mud guard from 690 R or SMC (it's only a matter of time before the OEM tire hugger gets ripped out in the mud), and it needs molded engine case covers (there is a well known brand that makes them). There are other mods I've done, and now the bike is truly capable off-road for long weekend trips.

RG Racing?

• Like 1

RG Racing?

Yes, I have them on both the SMT and the ADV, they fit well and they have protected the engine case from multiple events, despite the bash plates. The rubber-like brake pedals on all KTMs bends and digs into the engines case, so I have even swapped out the cover (and the pedal) once after a major spill, and the engine case was untouched. The covers on both sides show battle scars.

• Like 2

• Administrators

Yes, I own Seat Concepts! :ride:

So lets get a seat on there!

Bundy

Music to my ears!  Thanks very much!  I'll be in contact shortly.

In terms of seat type, I was thinking maybe this one.  I'm 6'4" and 230 (260 w/gear) and have been told before to go for a tall seat.

• Administrators

Should have those parts sent to you in just a few days!

Arrived yesterday!  I think these are just the engine bars but haven't unwrapped them yet.  We may hold off putting the engine bars on (but not the head light guard) until the final graphics wrap comes in.

• Like 1

• Administrators

R-G Racing kit on its way!  Got some assistance from Irv Seaver BMW on this