Good hot weather riding socks

• 3 months later...

I use Bauer hockey socks for the past few years. They are boot length with ankle padding (thicker area in the sock for ice skates) that works really good with my Sidis and hiking boots. More so with the reduced lateral support of the hiking boots when I ride with them. The newest are some special blend to work with hot feet and cooler temps. About $20 a pair (black).

https://www.bauer.com/hockey-apparel-on-ice-base-layer/premium/ng-performance-skate-sock

Edited by FlyinTiger
  • Like 1

Just want to add that after multiple people in the health professions mis diagnosing me with athletes foot, that resulted in two forms of staph infections that kept me down and out for months, I have to pay added attention to my feet. I have two forms of dermatitis that wage war on my feet (slice between your toes with razor blades to get the idea). No pity please. Doesn't help that I spend as much time as possible with my feet in sweaty shoes and boots, or slinging a fly rod while my feet soak in the river/stream or ocean I'm standing in. Hence, the best sock I can afford.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Darn Tough Mountaineering Over the Calf Sock.  I've worn these in the military, hiking all day as a wildland fire fighter, on duty as a police officer, mx racing, track days,  and now adventure riding.  I've had the same 8 pairs since 2008, these are hands down the best made socks I have ever owned!! I've used these in +110 and -30 weather, they wick sweat, stay cushioned, and dry out super fast. And.........and....... life time guarantee!! Which I have never had to use. 

Just my 2 cents.    

• Like 3

• Administrators

Darn Tough Mountaineering Over the Calf Sock.  I've worn these in the military, hiking all day as a wildland fire fighter, on duty as a police officer, mx racing, track days,  and now adventure riding.  I've had the same 8 pairs since 2008, these are hands down the best made socks I have ever owned!! I've used these in +110 and -30 weather, they wick sweat, stay cushioned, and dry out super fast. And.........and....... life time guarantee!! Which I have never had to use. 

Just my 2 cents.

But wait, there's more! ;)

They sound great. Might hv to give some a shot. Thx for the info.

• Like 1

Just my 2 cents.    

I'm slowly switching over as I wear out all my Under Armour socks. Kilometer 9 is most definitely correct. Once you go Darn Tough, you'll never look back.