Videos of Big Bikes Being Ridden Well!

On 5/15/2017 at 7:42 PM, Eric Hall said:

Adam is up to it again, this time in Naxos, Greece.  Grab a sandwich for this one.

People have trouble in the sand all over the world. I think there should be some kind of movement or world organization dedicated to cure the sand riding issue.  =)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It's just absolutely bonkers what off the charts skilled riders like Birch can do on these bikes.  It shows you that it's possible and that you just need to keep training. 

That said, I recently got the idea for the Tour of Idaho on a big bike.  Anyone heard of that being done already?

• Like 2

• Administrators
18 hours ago, Eric Hall said:

Birchy on the 1090R

I look at that and think, mad skills, but a whole lotta work! As in, that doesn't look like a day of fun, but more a day of proving that you can make something do something that isn't necessarily at home. Impressive none the less!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Lockhart Basin Steep Section-

Those who have ridden Utahs Backcountry Discovery Route, know about Lockhart Basin...without a doubt the steepest and most challenging portion of the BDR. One of the reasons making this one of the most dangerous portions of the ride is due to its remote location. What may be considered a small issue on the side of the road could easily be fatal in the Lockhart Basin. This is one of the steeper sections I rode a few years ago...I was basically leading my R1200GS as it slid/fell down the trail. I would not recommend attempting the Lockhart Basin solo, no matter what bike you ride or skill level you are. Don't go toe to toe with the dessert...You may loose. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Eric Hall said:

That's tricky!  Did you have the engine off?  Couldn't hear it.  Also, no gloves?

Engine was on....wish I had set up a second camera to give an idea of how steep it was. As for the gloves...I hate gloves. The only times I actually wear gloves is a few seconds before my fingers freeze and fall off. I am also a huge proponent of safety gear...which in direct opposition to not wearing gloves. I could never find a pair that actually fit. I always felt like the gloves were compromising my control... :(

• Like 2