Videos of Big Bikes Being Ridden Well!

Eric Hall

On 28-8-2017 at 10:24 PM, Brad R said:

I could never find a pair that actually fit. I always felt like the gloves were compromising my control... :(

I'm terribly picky about gloves, if there's just a little bit tension between my thumb and indexfinger cramp is guaranteed. Not going to discuss control with my wintergloves, but for summer I recently bought a pair of Rev'it Striker 2's which I'm really happy with, and they're thin and supple enough to not compromise control IMHO.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Learning how to do this on my GS took a considerable amount of time even though I was really good at it on smaller bikes like my DR650. There is a lot less room for error or misplaced weight. Smooth Brake and throttle action while sliding a bike comes with practice and confidence. This is a maneuver which I feel helps build confidence on and off road! 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Few clips from this amazing weekend! Enjoy :)

Had a chance to enter the GS Trophy Challenge at the Raw Hyde Ranch for the 2018 Mongolia qualifiers. It is a Bi-annual event held by BMW that gives a once in a life time opportunity for like minded enthusiasts (non-professionals) to ride and represent their country to compete in the GS Trophy. Had a blast and I encourage all to enter if you love challenging yourself as well as comadarie. Special thanks to Weston Rogers, Dimitrios Tournas (filming credits) and Dennis Godwin as well as too many friends to mention for encouraging me to challenge myself.

Edited by motochefarwi
  • Like 4

Sadly I don't own a 12GS anymore, and my bike is not as big as it was (now I ride a F8), but... We had lots of fun last weekend riding fast as hell on some nice terrain after the rain :):)

First video is mine from my own gopro, second is from a fine of mine following me on his WR450 JVO, hope you like it! ;)

Ride safe!!!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, let me bring some loooong videos to this topic. This past weekend I've been racing on the Spanish Rally Championship (and I won!! Whooohoo!), It is not super-fast riding as I have to navigate the roabook too, so I have to keep a lot of concentration and attention on the navigation, but anyway some sections were fast, some others were technical, and I think some of you may enjoy riding with me on this nice camera setup. :):)

Cheers!!!

• Like 5

On 08/11/2017 at 8:44 PM, Eric Hall said:

Excellent riding, @isaac!  Green is for GAAAAAAAASSSSSSS! :lol:

You should come do Sonora Rally in March and then Rally Coast to Coast in April with me; both in Mexico!

I would love to!!!!! Rally Racing and long distance travelling are the most exciting things I've done in my life, besides being a father and growing two kids! Hahaha!!

Someday we'll race together. ;)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...