Petition: Legalize Lane Splitting for Motorcycles in the state of Florida

• Administrators

Yeah, splitting is not for everyone. I did it on a supermoto when I lived in S. Cal and loved it, but mostly at stop lights and very slow  rush hour freeway traffic. Even at lights, every once in a while, some jackwagon would get ticked I was getting ahead and start to crowd the center line. But, 30+ years of riding tight woods helped a lot with feeling comfy in sometimes tight quarters. But, can't escape the fact that bikes lose every time when going head to head with a car. Some riders forget that.

Yeah, splitting is not for everyone. I did it on a supermoto when I lived in S. Cal and loved it, but mostly at stop lights and very slow  rush hour freeway traffic. Even at lights, every once in a while, some jackwagon would get ticked I was getting ahead and start to crowd the center line. But, 30+ years of riding tight woods helped a lot with feeling comfy in sometimes tight quarters. But, can't escape the fact that bikes lose every time when going head to head with a car. Some riders forget that.

In Okinawa, I had a dump truck force me into the curb.  I knew I would loose that one, lucky I got stopped and stood up on the sidewalk holding my bike while the truck kept moving.  

• Like 1