XLADV Project Bike: Rottweiler Performance

• Administrators

I will have video of this shortly but wanted to show you what I picked up yesterday from Rottweiler Performance:

12052634 909546425794899 671573569481019742 O

Specs:

FUEL RANGE FOR YOUR KTM ADVENTURE BIKE??
If your Adventure 950 or 990 just doesn't have the fuel range you are needing and want a solution that isn't permanently attached and ultra durable, check out Rottweiler's 'Endurocells' with our quick detach options kits. Simple, clean, and may save you from a long walk out. Not needing it for that particular ride? Remove it by hand in under 10 seconds flat with our quick detach option kit. Choose from 1 gallon - 3.8L (smaller profile) or 1.3 gallon - 4.92L (longer range)

Build your own custom Endurocell at the link below. 

Don't have a 2 into 1 exhaust to accommodate a fuel cell? Want to drop over 16 lbs (7.26kg) from your bike? Then check out Rottweiler Performances solutions. We guarantee that our craftsmanship and design will be the finest you will ever find with a 'Y-pipe' that is purposefully designed to MAKE power, not just accomplish the task and wreck your powerband. 304 US grade stainless steel, proper area design calculation for a 2 into 1 conversion and HELI arc welded in a full argon purge ensures the absolute finest fabrication and resultant exhaust flow. 

Professional photos of the new Endurocells courtesy of Paul Bowers Photography. As usual, great stuff and impeccable detail. Thank you Paul.

I got the 4.92 liter or 1.3 gallon one!  Makes range anxiety much less of an issue for the 990 as well as lets me loan a fellow rider fuel very easily.  It also serves to lower that weight a bit (vs the Rotopax) making handling easier.

12087863 909546612461547 2887755075628160141 O

12080087 909546655794876 4700660653022933293 O

12138400 909546472461561 8067545582707092353 O

Pretty awesome setup for the KTM's and I'm sure could be adapted to other bikes with some creativity if needed.

Which end of the fuel quick disconnect stays on the bike?  Might get some dirt/debri in it when reinstalling later if it doesn't incorporate a cover for while not in use.  I see it comes with a small filter but some sort of cover, even just a small rubber wrapped over the end might help keep things happier after a couple years of use and abuse.

What sort of range are you expecting with the extra capacity now?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators

Was over at Rottweiler Performance today in Costa Mesa and got a sneak peak at a prototype tail tidy for the KTM 950/990:

Also got to see James welding on some new Endurocell auxiliary gas tanks.  When one does a 2:1 exhaust conversion, the left side is freed up to install their aux fuel solution.

IMG 4303

IMG 4302

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

6 2 2  13340.1458183200.1280.1280

Seems crazy that it's taken 9 years of the 950/990 to get to this point but Rottweiler Performance finally has a tail tidy solution!

I'm pretty excited because Chris Parker said he'd like to get one put on the project 990 tomorrow.

So why would you want something like this?  Well for a lot of smaller bikes this is a common mod.  The rear plastics just look really clunky and can actually get in the way when riding off road.  Your suspension compresses and maybe you get a rock in there and suddenly your license frame and or turn signals get mangled.  There's also q weight savings but it's minimal.

Here's what the site says about it:

Finally, a production tail tidy for the KTM Adventure 950 and 990! This is unlike most tail tidys in the way that it is completely plug and play. Simply unplug and slide out the massive and ugly stock rear tail section and slide the Rottweiler Tail Tidy right in. Plug it in and that's it! Ultra bright integrated LED running lights, brake lights, turns signals and even the license plate light are integrated right into the frame. Totally water proof and ultra durable with a textured powder-coated finish. Want to retain your stock blinker lights if you are concerned about width legality in your area? No problem, simply remove your stock blinkers (2 nuts) and bolt them right up to the available tabs on the frame. Even that part is plug and play too! Just use the stock connector for the blinkers and our connector for the brake lights.

Pre-wired plug and play straight to stock connectors. NO WIRING OR WIRING KNOWLEDGE NEEDED.
All pin crimp ends are hand soldered for safety and durability.
Ultra bright integrated LED lights. Even in the day time they are blindingly visible to ensure safe operation.
License plate light, turn signals, running lights and brake lights integrated and sealed into the frame.
Option to use your stock signals as well if legality of the width of the turn signals is a concern in your area.
Ultra tough black textured powder-coated frame. (Identical to the black unpainted rear fenders found on 'R' models)
30 minute install.
Hand made with care in the USA by Rottweiler Performance.
Fits U.S. motorcycle Plate.
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Got the tail tidy installed yesterday and it took all of about 45 minutes.  Less if you have no pannier racks.  It's literally plug and play.

Remove the right side panel and disconnect the tail light wiring assembly

IMG 5292

This template is where you put your license plate to mark the four places you'll file a bit off for space to run the led wiring

IMG 5305

IMG 5308

Rottweiler puts all this together for you and here you can see the wiring sleeve they use

IMG 5309

These holes are where you'll re-install your existing turn signals if you want to keep them.  I'm just going to go with the led turn signals in the license plate frame.

IMG 5327

I'm leaving the cross bar for the pannier racks in place just for strength and stability.  We also put a small piece of adhesive foam between the Endurocell fuel tank and the frame simply to keep them rubbing.

That's it!  And of course a video to show you how it's done.  Sorry for the dirty bike but haven't had a chance to clean since Taste of Dakar last weekend.

IMG 5331

• Like 2

Keep in mind that LED's DO NOT photograph well at all due to the frequency. We have been asked to do a side by side brightness comparison with stock and for video it can't be replicated well because the stock filament will always look brighter on video because it doesn't blink at a million miles an hour like LED's. Trust us when we tell you that these are extremely bright. We looked long and hard for this setup and wouldn't dream of putting anything out there that is sub par. Especially when it comes to brake lights. You just have to see them in person.

• Like 3