greetings from just north of the border...eh

I live just a few blocks north of the 49th Parallel,which gives us access to some amazing scenery,mountains and lakes abound both here in B.C and Washington State. we are the gateway to Alaska with both pavement rides and countless numbers of off road miles, you can actually ride off the highway north almost to the northern BC border if you have the urge to go to Alaska via a little different path.

ride safe ,ride often!IMG_2115.JPG

• Like 4

thanks Bryan, that is Mt Baker in Wa,a gorgeous 1.5 hr drive through Mt Baker National Forrest, there is a small volcano vent on the south east side,climbed it in my twenties,in the winter it's a ski area on the next mountain over Mt Shuksan,amazing snow...it's also the backdrop view from my home many miles away.

Edited by BruceT
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Oh, Ok. I haven't been up that way in some time. I grew up in Portland Oregon and a favorite trip was up the Olympic peninsula, take the ferry to Victoria, then over the Vancouver and back down the 5. We have buds in Bellingham, so not too far away. I hope to get back up your way maybe this summer. Wife has an elderly dad in Portland, so when we get that far west, have to make the trek up to BC. Gorgeous place/area. Need my mountains fix!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...