El Dorado county adventure/dual sport

Greetings

Just wanted to introduce myself and find other Sierra foot hill riders near Placerville. My Vstrom had it's first oil change from the break in period, like changing the first diaper :wub: .

Previous bike was a DR650 amd before that a YZ250 and FZR600. I think the Vstrom is my last bike I can't imagine buying another bike, she does everything I want a bike to do. 

I live right off hwy49 and have so many choices I can go in any direction and find fun roads to explore. 

Ralph

• Like 2

• Administrators

Welcome Ralph. Glad to have you. Nice place of Cal you live. Been through a few times on my way to Tahoe. Epic ADV riding there!

Vstroms are great bikes. I rode with a guy on one during the Hall of Fame Ride at the AIMExpo in Orlando last year. Funny part was, in the deep sand sections, he was an animal! Just rippin' when others on more "off-road' worthy bikes puckered. ;) Sand has a way of doing that.

Look forward to reading your ride reports and photos.

• Like 1

Thanks for the post! Well the next time you are on your way to Tahoe with some time try 49 to Coloma to Marshall grade to George town out to Ice House rd back to 50. Great 2 lane road stuff out there. 

The key to soft terrain riding and stream crossings is to stand low and stay back on the bike as far as possible keeping the power on equal weight on the pegs. The V doesn't seem like it would lend itself to allow for deep stream crossings. My pic is a stream about 0.5 meter deep. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

We have nothing but sugar sand out this way, so if someone hates soft terrain, don't move here! There is def a technique, but the hardest one for most riders is learning to relax and let the bike move around below you. It's simply going to walk around...

Boy, I've not been to Tahoe for a while now... Not sure when I'll get out there next. Bit of a drive these days. ;)