XLADV Project Bike: Motomachines

• Administrators

logo To make black

Motomachines came to us and graciously offered to help out with our project bike!  They are the nation's main distributor for Hepco & Becker products, as well as Ermax molded plastic parts (among many other products).

Brown Santa recently delivered us:

Engine guards

catktm950adventuretankguard502785rightside

Headlight guard

catktm950lc8headlightgrill700785

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Got the engine guards (crash bars) on today.  Took me about two hours but that's mostly due to the lower right tank bolt not lining up perfectly, along with time spent aligning the holes for the rear tabs.  There's a strap that wraps around the frame bar and the holes are supposed to line up, but they don't.  The trick is to put a screwdriver through the holes and kind of pry it so they line up.  I had to use pliers to squeeze the strap together so I could get the bolt through.

Left side

Right side

• Administrators

That's a good question.  I suspect it's the bike that was slightly off.  I did lay it down on the left side on Saturday and that could have shifted things slightly.  Who knows.  I didn't take too long to get it on, so no big deal, although I did have to take it off again today to take the tanks off to put the new Rottweiler air box on :)