Truckee, CA. Abandon RR Tunnels, and Donner Lake

I ride with a small enduro group thats basically out of Auburn California, we'll do some trips out of the area from time to time. For this meet, we met up in Truckee California around 10:00AM. The plan was for a 4 to 6 hour ride with a lunch stop. The ride consisted of water crossings, hill climbs, long large deep tunnels, and good views. Only one incident that day, a guy on a DRZ 400 in front of me launch himself off a cliff. It was a steep hill with large rocks covering the whole trail, what I'm guessing is his rear tire hit a rock funny and that caused him to goose the throttle then it launched him and his bike right off the trail. Video of the recovery below :)

https://youtu.be/fOYOa6dzzHE

I had the only big adventure bike that day! I kept up with them all day!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Blackhawkx
  • Like 3

Hey guys,

Great ride. Nice to have many hands and backs to bring an errant bike back up the mountainside. I live in Miami now, but lived in CA many years. I rode Husky's all over SoCal deserts and did Baja solo a few times. Planning on moving back to CA. Auburn, Placerville or Reno are likely destinations.  Would love to join up with you guys. Please give me your group leader's contact info.

Thanks,

Steve Denlinger

[email protected]

IMG_1365.JPG

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Great ride. Nice to have many hands and backs to bring an errant bike back up the mountainside. I live in Miami now, but lived in CA many years. I rode Husky's all over SoCal deserts and did Baja solo a few times. Planning on moving back to CA. Auburn, Placerville or Reno are likely destinations.  Would love to join up with you guys. Please give me your group leader's contact info.

Thanks,

Steve Denlinger

[email protected]

Hey Steve. I ride with a group that does all their planning on Meetup.com. Were called Auburn Dual Sport riders. Here's the link to the page http://www.meetup.com/Auburn-Dual-Sport-Motorcycle-Riders/

Its $5.00 a year. Not much for some well planned rides. Hope to see you out sometime!

• Like 1