XLADV Project Bike: Wolfman Luggage

• Administrators

logo (1)

We are fortunate that Eric Hougen of Wolfman Luggage has shown us some love for our project bike in the form of his wonderful water proof soft luggage!  Wolfman has been around since 1992, is made in the USA and they basically know what they're doing.  Many have come (and gone) as well as flattered them with imitation but there can only be one Wolfman.

How do I know their products are waterproof?  I used a Rolie bag on my two week Bolivia adventure and three of those days were on a boat in an Amazon rain forest camping in the jungles at night.  Eric Hougen actually grew up in Bolivia, so he knows what I'm talking about here.

20130729 174945

I first met Eric at AltRider's Taste of Dakar back in 2013.  I wish I had a picture of his sweet Super Tenere but all I have is this one of him (third from right) ogling Johnny Campbell's Honda Dakar Rally bike.

Taste Of Dakar 2013 016

So what are we getting set up with?

EX506 Expedition Dry SaddleBags 14 A 1024x1024

H302 12 Large Rolie Bag Yel A 1024x1024

M0305 Blackhawk Tank Bag A 1024x1024

M0305 Blackhawk Tank Bag B 1024x1024

Wolf Bottle Holster (2)

A125 Wolf Bottle Holster A 1024x1024

I'm eager to get some photos of all this new gear on the project bike.  Perhaps the week of Jul 20 :)

Stay tuned...

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • Administrators

While I did enjoy using the Expedition Dry saddle bags from Wolfman Luggage, I found they were a bit small for my IDBDR trip.  You might notice they look like they are fully packed.

I could have simply added a third bag on top like their double ended Renegade duffel but I met up with Eric Hougen, Wolfman's owner, at AIMExpo last October and he mentioned he has a new and improved version of their Rocky Mountain saddle bag system he'd like me to try out.  That had me pretty excited but I had to wait even longer because demand was so great he sold out quickly!  I finally got a set in time for Taste of Dakar and am just about ready to write a review on those.

M1016_Rocky_Mountain_Saddle_Bags_a_0a36e

I had been told these are essentially the best soft panniers out there by my friends over in Arizona I did the COBDR and other rides with and now they've been made even better with their version 2.0.

And just $499 at The Good Adventure Company

I'll let Eric Hougen tell you what those improvements are

• Like 1