CA ride Sequoia to Yosemite (7/18 - 7/22)

Hey Fellas, I was hoping to get some back road help. My son leaves for Basic Training on 7/28 and we are doing a father son ride before he ships out. We wanted to stay on two lane roads and/or dirt if possible. We are starting in our home town of Vegas.

• Administrators

Sounds like a great trip!  If I were you, I'd start around Kernville and just make your way up the western slope on mountain roads up through Sequoia then Kings Canyon on up to Yosemite.  Maybe come back down the other side through Lee Vining, Mammoth Lakes, Bishop and then back over to NV.

Up from Kernville on Hwy 395 is Kennendy Meadow Road, looks like "Lost for a Reason Area". We liked the look of that hitting Sherman Pass, Kern Hwy, Great Western Divide Hwy??? We thought exactly what you thought back, Vining etc...

We were going to camp most of the way if possible? What do you think?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, here's how it went...we didn't ride into CA. Due to the weather we opted for a ride into AZ, UT, and CO.

We rode south out of Las Vegas on US93 to I-40 heading east into Flagstaff, AZ. While getting gas we spoke with a few locals who directed us to a small restaurant. We sat outside and enjoyed a layed back atmosphere & good food at Josephine's.

image.jpg

Day two had us riding into the Valley of the Gods, then climbing up Moki Dugway Pass into Blanding, UT then north to Monticello, UT. From there we rode east crossing into CO. Just before entering into Doge Creek, CO we turned north into scenic Hwy 141 for several miles.

image.jpg

• Like 1