Warning,Don't drive your motorcycle in British Columbia !

Because you will go over the edge...

IMGP3086.JPG

IMGP3087.JPG

Now that I have your attention,I have a recent trip report for the interior of BC.

I had the opportunity to go to Penticton BC to quote a small reno project for a friend(3hrs drive by super-slab which is in the interior lake region of BC)

Well putting two and two and two together I thought I would just make it a couple day trip and do a giant loop around the interior then back to the Fraser Valley where I live.

It's probably about a 400+ mile round trip but I forgot to reset my odometer before I started(oops)...

I left this past Thursday morning around 0800 trying to avoid any potential rain showers that were looming over the valley mountains.

Well I missed the window and got absolutely dumped on in several places along Highway 3 Crowsnest Pass,this is a mountain route that passes through EC Manning Provincial Park,the views can be quite stunning when the clouds are out of the way...here's a couple shots I managed to get..

IMGP3069.JPG

IMGP3070.JPG

IMGP3086.JPG

IMGP3087.JPG

IMGP3074.JPG

IMGP3073.JPG

Well it finally stopped raining and warmed up when I reached Princeton,but I did find out my boots are no longer waterproof ugh( wet feet),so I got fuel then drained my boots...lol

then the road opened up and it was time to eat up some miles in the 80f weather thru Hedley 

IMGP3077.JPG

Quite often through this part of Hwy 3 there are Dahl Sheep having "lunch or dinner" along this section of the road(watch out,they are dumber than deer).

At Keremeos I turned toward Penticton on Hwy 3a a beautiful secondary road through a narrow valley full of orchards and vineyards,in the heat you can smell the fruit in the air.

IMGP3078.JPG

From here it's a short hop to Penticiton,but with holiday traffic..(read Europeans in rented motorhomes) it was still a great ride though at a much reduced speed.

IMGP3084.JPG

Now I'm deep into wine country...hmmm tasting or riding,such decisions

IMGP3079.JPG

I got through Penticton relatively unscathed other than the 90f heat,now onto Kelowna to stay with a buddy and fellow rider and share some malted beverages.

The next morning it was off to Vernon to see a cousin of mine that I hadn't seen for 25yrs,through the miracle of Facebook we actually began chatting for quite awhile(crazy social media).

I got a suggestion from my buddy in Kelowna to ride the Westside rd from Vernon to Westbank on my return trip,well holy cow ,what a sweet road,twisties,incredible views,more Dahl sheep,the odd deer,perfect ride,and it's all secondary road that circumnavigates the bustling Kelowna area...yeah ! especially on a Friday.

IMGP3090.JPG

Full service stop in Vernon

IMGP3089.JPG

IMGP3094.JPG

IMGP3093.JPG

IMGP3097.JPG

IMGP3098.JPG

There was a spot of road construction on the road but it was on a stop for 10 minutes for blasting then we were on our way.

I stopped for a quick bite to eat in Westbank then put old old Honda back on the road home.

Much to my disappointment I had to fight some ugly headwinds and crosswinds all the way home, about 250 miles..oh well,beats watching paint dry...

Last shot of going home..EC Manning Park at one of the truck brake check points near the Manning Park Lodge.

thanks for coming along

IMGP3102.JPG

Edited by BruceT
  • Like 2