PR: Meet the 2016 BMW S 1000 XR

• Administrators

Meet the all-new 2016 BMW S 1000 XR. Our first-ever adventure sport bike delivers a sweet combination of power, capability and long-distance comfort. Now's your chance to experience the best of everything the BMW range has to offer - our most versatile bike yet:

Wv8P0oAuSBNas8f4_TSAI7LAcpo5JW-QJCpzSqDGIylyIvmd6KBlLBMoAYR_-tjtIeFxwMeD6tN0KqWAI0jcxXQJTCrbjZv6ysuBjh_tI5GrrcP0nqgruBfH=s0-d-e1-ft.jpeg

POWER AND CONTROL
The four-cylinder 160 hp engine ensures you have all the power you need, whenever you need it. Two standard ride modes (Rain and Road) and standard safety features such as ABS and ASC help you stay in command.

HANDLING
BMW's GS line is famous for clear handling, an upright riding position, and great ergonomics – all of which we've brought over to the S  1000 XR. This successful formula is not only for off-road riding anymore: you're going to love bringing it to the streets.

COMFORT
Taking a cue from our touring bikes, the S 1000 XR provides standard wind and weather protection with an adjustable windshield. Heated grips, GPS navigation*, and an array of storage options ensure that you're prepared for the road ahead.

EIn8x1jBCTplWmag3i8OoedprKaC_JfMeaiGD2_YlCuZZdhbMhtGT1rEFdvZ8Hol9dUMzo2v0a1YyTTYIhBLNLyIDo0CY0Blvn4nrSB6etj24bq--c7QaVZn=s0-d-e1-ft.jpeg

• Administrators

It is basically BMW's answer to a Multistrada, another non-adventure bike.  You might be able to put some knobbies on it and do a park road here and there but at least for my style of riding, the places I want to go, etc... it's very poorly suited for my style of adventure riding.

Sounds like a lot of fun on the pavement though.

I did once see two capable riders on Multistradas on a dirt trail here locally and they basically looked like supermodels trying to hike in high heels.  Awkward.