Added some BARK to the Tiger...

• Administrators

Well, I simply couldn't pass on an additional 15% off dealer pricing on Yoshimura products yesterday and today. So, I picked up one of their RS4 slip ons. Not that the stock Tiger exhaust sounded bad. But, to me, it seem cartoonishly large for the bike and fairly heavy at 12.5lbs. And, it's a bike, so farkles are fun!

20150722_175047.jpg

20150722_175103.jpg

20150722_180230-1.jpg

20150722_180153.jpg

Stock Sound - The Unmistakable "Whirl" of a Triumph Triple

Yoshimura RS4 Slip-on

Definitely more "bark"! Took it for a short ride and while louder, not loud or obnoxious. Now she sounds like she has a pair. Also, the Tiger breaths through a straw, so throttle response down low can be be a bit soft until revs build. Now, it might be just my butt dyno talking, but throttle response feels improved and the bike pulls a bit harder down low. It always pulled strong from the mid-range to red-line, but definitely stronger in this area. Pop on crackly/snap/pop on decel has increase slightly, but I can't say it bothers me. I can always pull in the clutch and slow down with just the brakes, avoiding engine braking.

And, I think it looks a whole lot better, more proportionately sized for the bike:

20150722_181728.jpg

20150722_181736.jpg

20150722_181751.jpg

20150722_181744.jpg

Total weight savings over stock: approx. 4.8lbs., soon to be negated by some farkle addition in the future. ;)

• Like 4

• Administrators

does this "slip on" make my Triumph look phat?......much better look,I can't believe how big that stock can is...is it a Catalytic too?

No... the cat is just after where the header turns under the right side of the engine. The can is just big, with a chambered steel core for max weight. ;)

• Like 1

• Administrators

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/65699/i/yoshimura-rs-4-spark-arrestor-insert

In looking at the Yoshi site, I see a few for the RS4 , 1.375" dia., 1.500" dia., and one product called  NSERT KIT Spark Arrestor RS-4 , Turn-Out Cap.

Not sure which one just yet.

Instructions: http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/images/SA-13-K.pdf

• 1 month later...

http://www.fs.fed.us/eng/pubs/html/03511307/03511307.htm

"The term “passenger vehicle” can encompass a wide range of motor vehicles. Most State vehicle codes differentiate between vehicles used for transportation and those used for recreation purposes. Dune buggies, motorcycles, and all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) are required to meet spark arrester regulations because they are not considered passenger vehicles."

• Administrators

I'm pretty happy with the Yoshi. Not too loud for longer runs and it really improved the throttle response. I think a richer map would help as there is a decent amount of crackles/pops on compression deceleration, but I think that it sounds mean. ;) I'm sure it's running a tad on the lean side.

I see what you mean. In my case, the GL bags would make it basically unnoticeable. The less weight I have to finesse, the better. lb here, a lb there. Function, durability, weight loss (and a clearance sale) is my thought process. And, I'm not going to hide that the sound of that can ripping through the air vs. stock is always fun!