Madstad Engineering Windscreens?

• Administrators

Recently the folks at Madstad Engineering reached out to see if we wanted to test one their unique windscreen design. The stock unit on my Triumph Tiger 800XC is ok for speeds below 65mph, but on the freeway, the turbulence and buffeting is pretty noticeable, especially on my shoulders. So, I figured why not see what they can do. If you're not familiar with their concept, http://www.madstad.com/

post-4-0-49690400-1438191663.jpeg

The cool part is, they are local to me! Had no idea. So, I'm going to slab over to their shop this week to meet the designer in person, check out their operation, and install one of their windscreens. of course, I'll write up a full review and share that I learned.

Anyone else using a Madstad? What's been your experience?

Demo video on a Tiger...

media.nl.jpeg

• Like 2

• Administrators

Bryan- Last ride we did we went right by their shop - Just north of Dade City- Interested in your write-up

In hindsight, yup. Going over tomorrow am, on the bike weather permitting. FL summers are like winter elsewhere. Don't care about getting wet, but I don't ride in Thunderstorms if I can help it.

• Administrators

Made my way over to the Madstad folks this morning. Weather has been pretty dicey lately (lots of rain, thunder & lightening), so happy to see a break.

madstad_sign.jpg

Madstad Engineering World Domination HQ

Mark Stadnyk, the founder of Madstad Engineering was kind enough to give me a tour of their facility and install the product. I normally like to install stuff myself, but Mark is a good wrench and I got to hear tidbits about the product as each piece was installed.

madstad_mark_install.jpg

Samson Haired Mark Stadnyk

There are are couple of different screen shapes for my Tiger 800XC, but I went with what Mark recommended (a little wider). However, he sent me home with both so that I can see which one I like, both aesthetically and functionally.

The ride back was about 25 miles, and while I don't want to spoil the more in depth review that I'll be performing, I will say that it was worth the trip, including getting absolutely soaked the last 7 miles of my way home. :ride:

Mark is clearly passionate about what he does and their 60 day customer satisfaction guarantee is almost unheard of. Madstad windscreens are one of the most expensive aftermarket screens on the market and while Mark is confident in what they put out, if the rider isn't happy, he's not happy, so he puts his money where his mouth is. Good people from what I saw.

http://www.madstad.com/s.nl/sc.12/.f

If you're interested, watch for my product review after some miles of slab and dirt... Well, sand... It's Florida.

• Like 2

• Administrators

Nothing like Florida in the summer- Expect to get wet. Looking forward to the review- Could use a bit more wind protection myself. 

Review? Nah... Next time we ride, saddle up and see what you think first hand. I saw you ride, I trust you. Besides, if you wreck it, I'll have an indentical replacement until you get mine fixed. ;) Now, if this rain would stop!

• 2 weeks later...