Who's up here in the extreme (non-Alaskan) PNW?

Where are my Pacific Northwest riders at?  I'm out of Tacoma for the time being.  Always looking to link up with adventure-minded riders, whether for small-group day-trips or a handful of folks taking on a weekend or for events like the Touratech Rally or Desert 100 or Blackdog.  That goes double if you've got a stack of great routes saved up or bring some mechanical inclination.  I'd love to establish a monthly wrench night or something along those lines.  Any interest?  

I ride an R1200GS in rather spirited fashion, and just picked up a KTM 950SE with the same intent.   

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

I've been contemplating Tahuya for the last few weeks.  No one nearby is going there, and it wouldn't be nearly as much fun to head over and hooliganate alone.  

Also looking hard at ToD, but I need to figure out what the heck the job has in store for me.  I'll know better in a couple of weeks.  Good news is, I'm staying here.  Bad news is, I'm about to get a whole lot busier.

Port Orchard here, just got done riding some quad trail in Tahuya on the F8GS!  Scouting for the upcoming March Moto Madness PNW style!  Drop me a line, I tend to hit Tahuya weekdays (being retired has percs) on the skinny bikes in the winter months, sharpen skills for the big bike!  Drop a PM and we'll see what we can make happen.

• Like 1

If you guys are interested, Ed and I are probably going to hit Tahuya again this week.  Possibly Thursday or Friday.  Probably take a 11-12 ferry out of seattle and ride until just before dark.  We are on big bikes and typically hit the 4x4 or 4wheeler stuff.  Last week we did mission creek until we hit a big tree across trail (put the saw in bag now) and then part of noble tr, northwest passage, and Tahuya river.  Rough plan might be Tahuya river off of Effendahal pass and ride around SW.  Could meet up in a little staging area in the NW corner of Belfair Tahuya rd & Efendahl pass.

Green mountain isn't exactly big bike friendly. Made it through but busy with hikers. There are also quite a few tight area, lots of big tree roots/water diverters/ledges, and other items which make it a bit too much. Doable but not enjoyable. Also dislike the multi use trail system. Sucks for them and us.

• 3 months later...

Funny that I started this topic, then never got the reply notifications until Mero dropped a note just now.  Funnier yet that I've already been out at Tahuya and Green Mt with SOP!  

Headed from Tacoma tomorrow (Thursday, 14MAY) to Stonyford, CA for the Sheet Iron 300 on my 950SE.  It'll be crazy!

Mero, you didn't by chance move here recently from Colorado, having sold a set of spoke 1200GS rims to a guy in Tacoma, did you?  I ask because I haven't seen the name before...except from the guy I bought those rims from!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2015 at 8:53 PM, Chris Hunt said:

I'm in PDX and always riding. I love the Olympic Peninsula and Gifford Pinchot up there and I love Mount Hood down here.  :ride:

Hey Hunt you're here!  Been following both of your IG's for a while.  Sure look forward to taking a ride up in your area

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Cottage Grove, Oregon here (just south of Eugene).  Kinda lonely in this neck of the woods, but I prefer solo riding most of the time anyway.  Heading to Bonneville Speed Week on the 1290 in August.  Not pertinent to the thread, but just wanted to brag.  Whoot, whoot.

• Like 1