Hi from Long Island

I recently moved from beautiful BC, Canada back to my home state NY after an 18 year leave.  Adjusting has been weird living in the USA no less living on LI...FLAT.  I traded my '13 F800GS in for a '15 1200GSW and loving every bit of this new machine.  Have over 1300 miles on her after 3 weeks of ownership.  Got my Pro settings added after my 600 mile service and HOLY there is a big difference in the riding modes.

P8140224-XL.jpg

Took her off road, really easy off road at the TT rally a week or so back.  She did great.  I now have a full set of Jesse Luggage and AltRider protection.  She looks great, is protected and now all I need to do is head off of LI and find places where people do not go.  I have been riding my whole life but on the road since 2008.  Too many bikes I have been through before I found the GS family in 2010.  "10 F650GS my intro, '13 F800 step up and crazy good off road and now my '15 1200

P8150231-XL.jpg

because I have a passenger and although she will share in my ADV world I will continue to do solo long distance trips like I hve in the past.  So, that's it.  Looking forward to this forum and reading as well as sharing stories.

Edited by advgrrl
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...