Keeping sand out of eyes?

• Administrators

Where I ride most of the time, it's sugar sand... everywhere! Not sure if this is a Triumph Tiger deal or no, but the sand that gets kicked off the front tire ends up in the vortex of wind coming up through the space where the forks run, channeling sand into my face. Now, I can close the face shield on my Aria XD4 helmet, but the sand still comes up through the opening at the bottom and swirles around/into my eyes.

I really don't want to wear goggles, so I'm going to give these Bobber "Fat Boy" glasses a shot. Not only are the lenses light sensitive (photocromatic), I'm hoping that the foam around the eye sockets will enough to keep the vast majority of sand particles out of my helmet. Time will tell! I might have to fill in the small gaps in the foam though.

20150921_102535.jpg

Any other ideas outside of wearing goggles?

Bryan- We discussed this before- I think it's in the fender- I added a rubber extension to the back of the fender which helps but now I think it's the front part of the fender.  Pushes sand forward as the wheel spins and then sucked thru the Triumph vortex. Got to find some type of extension for it.